Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make liver edible? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

How to make liver edible?

Primal Fuel
    I have only had cold cuts of beef liver which are gross. But I decided to by a whole raw liver. I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like this either. Any recipes to make it more edible?
    Billie trips balls

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Couldn't imagine cold liver. I quickly fry it in ghee, or after cooking bacon. If you have a high-ish heat, you can crisp it up which is really nice. Lamb's liver is the mildest tasting Or you can chop finely and add to mince dishes (um, ground beef I think you call it?)

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Yes - cut small, fry fast, and do not cook for too long. I've been known to refrigerate the result and eat it as a snack, but then I'm oddly fond of liver. If you want to avoid the taste, mix it into stews, burgers, meat loaf... enjoy.

danel09a is offline Junior Member
    Before frying,you can put a little salt into it,then wait a few minutes. when you frying it, you can add some onion,it's very delicious.

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    I really like this recipe: WHFoods: Healthy Sautéed Calf's Liver and Onions
    Ignore the CW idiocy spreaded around the site...only way I make liver.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    How about this?

Silky-Smooth Chicken Liver Pâté | Mark's Daily Apple

I just made this and spread it on freshly-baked flax-coconut flour bread and really liked it.

Liver is sweet, so you need to compensate for that. Here's my personal recipe:

1 shallot, diced.
    A handful of crushed cashew nuts
    Smoked bacon, diced
    Spicy chorizo, sliced into discs about 5 or 6)
    Fresh leafy roquette salad

Fry the shallot, bacon and chorizo until you can vividly smell the flavours. Should take about 20 seconds. Add the liver, and cook for 30 seconds per side. Place on top of he salad, the tip th contents of the pan over it, juices and all (so much flavour!). Finally sprinkle with he crushed cashew nuts nd grab your fork!

Perks

pinknemo111 is offline Junior Member
    Oh the pate looks fab, gonna try that.. think I may bash some chicken breasts and spread pate inside then roll up and cook. I love pate but can't abide eating liver! Contradiction I know!

Quote Originally Posted by pinknemo111 View Post
    Oh the pate looks fab, gonna try that.. think I may bash some chicken breasts and spread pate inside then roll up and cook. I love pate but can't abide eating liver! Contradiction I know!
    Haha! Nah that's perfectly normal! I remember when I first tried liver, the look on my face was apparently priceless, my head Chef almost wet himself!
    Pâté is loooooovely!
    Perks

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am a plain liver and onion girl 9served over mushed cauliflower), but below is the link to couple recipes I tried to entice my 5 yo to eat liver (and succeeded).

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread56182.html

General tips on cooking liver: you can soak it in milk overnight prior to cooking to take off a bit of liverness, and it is essential to NOT overcook it. Once it's fried with onions, it can be nice, calories permitting, to add a splash of cream or full-fat sour-cream to make a quick sauce for it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast