Thread: Grok and Korg contrasts page

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I've been noticing more and more of these lately. A few of them jumped out at me on my urban lunchtime run today. Such as...

...running up a shady hill, then breaking into the sunlight, which made my heart leap for joy and brought an involuntary smile to my face -- only to pass an obese nanny giving me the stink-eye.

...breaking into a sprint to jump up to my favorite pull-up tree -- only to pass a man at least one foot taller than me stooping to pick a half-smoked cigarette out of the gutter.

...standing still in the sunlight, shirtless, soaking up the rays and paralyzed by the warmth -- only to have an old woman pass by with a look of shocked alarm on her face, warning, "Don't get sunburned!" "Don't worry, I never do," I assured her. "Anymore," I added in my mind.

Six months ago, I would have been the Korg in these stories. Although I never scavenged a cigarette, I certainly indulged in my share of self-destructive behavior and had plenty of sour grapes for those with healthier lifestyles.

Now that I've slipped into this alternate universe where Korg's rules no longer apply, I want to reach out to the people I pass, to call out to them to join me and discover their true selves... but they may as well be behind soundproof, bulletproof glass. So I can only hope they see some murky image which inspires them to think...

Have you noticed any Grok vs. Korg contrasts lately?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

well I uh... just noticed that korg is grok backwards

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

bootson is offline Senior Member

One big contrast is that I'm dealing with people nagging me about my food choices... When I don't give a hoot what they eat. Example? I was eating a BAS, and ate a couple of my sister's French Fries. She totally ripped on me because I wasn't 'sticking to my diet', when she had just polished off a breaded chicken burger, fries and a pepsi...

Sheesh. Diet? As if! I like food too much. Lifestyle? You bet.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

I do my hiit sprints up the stairs at the train station..and always see people WAITING in line to ride up the elevator. Damn it people, it would be 2x faster to walk up!

Waiting in line with bacon and butter at the grocery store and getting looks from overweight women-with low-fat yogurt and 'healthy' whole wheat bread.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

My personal favorite is watching the person ahead of me get smiled at by the cashier for only buying easy to scan processed crap, and getting the evil eye for having 20 baggies of produce.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Tangent is offline Junior Member

Overheard in the office this morning...

"This is not a good time of year to be outside a lot".

I live in Atlanta, and currently it's 60 degrees and sunny, with an expected high in the mid 70's.We work in a suspected "sick building" with no ability to open the windows.

My coworker who said this is diabetic (Type 2), but has a big tupperware container of chocolate chip cookies on his desk.