ill try to give the quick and dirty details:
-(closed)fractured my fibia(smaller of two lower leg bones) last friday
-does not need a cast, just walking boot
-im a 21 years old
- i follow the paleo diet pretty strictly(low carb except for lots of veggies and moderate fruit, clean meat, no grains, and a good amount of fat from healthy clean sources and olive and cocount oils) along with the occasion carb refeed on a heavy lifting day
- i plan on increasing my diary intake slighty via cottage cheese.
- i supplement already with fish oil, antioxidant, multi vit, and pro biotic.
- i plan on continuing my upper body weight training.
- i also plan on starting to supplement with glucosamine/chondroitin even if studies haven't found much support of it. it cant hurt.
basically i am looking for tips and advice to accelerate my recovery besides the obvious elevate my leg, ice, take ibuprofen, dont over do it, blah,blah, blah. im already doing that stuff.
let me know if you new additional information.
Anybody else with some tips/advice?
Make some bone broth...Drink, repeat.
Looks like you got a good handle on it. * usually* fractures near a joint come with some degree of soft tissue injury I would suggest doing some ankle rehab, once the fracture has healed sufficiently.
Rehabilitation After Ankle Sprains - Getting Better After Bad Ankle Sprains
Specifically the "alphabet writing" drill helps the ligament(s) heal faster and stronger.
"Go For Broke"
Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"