I really apologize that this will be a long post... I'm looking for advice on a problem I am having, and I figured that there has to be someone here that has "been there done that" and may be able to help. A little about me: I'm a 19 year old female who lives with my parents and brothers who are also around my age. I am currently a full time college student, but I commute and therefore I live at home. I am 5'1 and used to be 156 lbs. I decided to lose weight, and I ended up losing 20 pounds last year. I was able to lose the weight by cutting out processed food and pretty much counting my calories, fat, carbs, and protein and making sure I stayed within the caloric ranges that CW recommends for weight loss. I finally got down to 135 lbs. Even at 135 lbs, I was still chubby though. (I would attach a picture, but I'm too embarrassed. The picture of me at 135 lbs DOES show that I have extra fat.) I decided to lose about 5-10 more pounds. I kept doing what CW says to do: eat lots of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meat, low fat, and get tons of cardio in. Despite doing this, my weight wouldn't budge. And it's not like I was at my ideal weight or anything... I did have fat weight to lose still at 135 lbs. I have been trying for about half a year to lose more weight. I am STILL 135 lbs.

One thing led to another, and I eventually found out about the Primal diet about 2 months ago. I read up on being primal and it makes a lot of sense to me. I have been eating Primal for about the past 2 months. At first I did great. My bloating went away, and also I realized I wasn't hungry all the time like I was on the SAD diet. I didn't have to eat 6 times a day anymore. Lately, however, I've had some issues with binging. It started off as a one time binge where I would eat a lot in one sitting and after that, no more. The next time it turned into an all day type binge where I would binge several times a day. Then it became more of a two day type binge where I would eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted for two days. Now its starting to turn into more than "just" 2 days... When I binge, it almost always consists of carbs. It doesn't matter if it is cake, ice cream, bread....or even fruit. I'll binge on anything that has sugar or is wheat or some sort of carb. These binges are done in private and I'm very embarrassed of them. I have never had this problem before going primal.

What makes it worse is that I am the only Primal person in my household. In fact, the only other person who is even remotely interested in eating healthier is my mother. She and I are kind of a "team". But even with that.... she is not primal. The only thing my mom and I have in common with our eating is that we both try to avoid processed food. She still eats wheat. As for the rest of my family, they are not too interested in eating healthy. My 16 year old younger brother has the metabolism of a raging beast. He eats like total crap, yet he is very lean. My older 21 year old brother is about 10 pounds overweight, and his idea of eating healthy is just to eat less overall no matter what you are eating. My brothers eat a lot of things, and from time to time my mom will engage in it. Since my dad is not home often due to work, this leaves me as the only person who can not eat the things they eat. To be honest, I feel really left out when they eat things that are completely forbidden in the primal diet. Day after day after day of this happening, I eventually join in with them and this is how the binging starts.

I know it is not their fault for my binges. I'm just so frustrated with myself because I feel like I can never have "just one bite". When I lived in the dorms in my college, it was so easy to eat healthy because I only kept healthy food in my fridge. But I moved back home to be with family, and I am finding it so hard to stay on track because I truly feel "alone" in this situation. I am so excited about all the articles I read here on MDA, I'm excited about my new vibrams that I got, I'm excited about my homemade bone broth, etc. I'm excited about so many things and I can't share it with them because they do not believe it. After a while, I just want to give up. I truly apologize for this being such a long post... but please if you have any advice for how to stick with primal when you are the only one in your family? I cant move out now, and I know it will get easier when I do move out. But what can I do NOW to fight these temptations of wanting "just one bite" of their food which leads to binges? Are the binges an emotional problem or are they my body's way of telling me that I need more carbs(healthy vegetables?) I am trying to lose weight