Thread: Primal On the Go page

ayi1979 is offline Junior Member

Primal On the Go

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone!

I'm student currently in clinical rotations (medical field). During my training, I've discovered primal blueprint along the way. I personally think it's fantastic and more people should consider this lifestyle. I was wondering if you all could provide some feedback to my dilemma, I'm sure the recommendations to this questions could apply to many of us.

As you probably know cafeteria food or the vending machines at a hospital aren't necessarily "primal friendly". Lunch is about the only time I usually take in some minor wheat based carbohydrates in. I want to start bringing a meal to my rotations to help me become more primal and save a little cash. I need something that could potentially be at room temperature for a little while as I do not know when I can get to lunch, and of course "primal friendly". I've already thought of organic nuts and fruits. But I'm sure that can get boring pretty fast. I've thought of beef jerky, but I do have essential hypertension and I don't want to exacerbate the problem with all the salt.

Any recommendations, recipes, tricks, would be fantastic! I look forward to your recommendations.

Have a great day!
    Amos

cichysmom is offline Junior Member
    Amos,

If you are planning on bringing your meals, why not just transport them in an insulated lunch tote? You can freeze a bottle of water to keep everything cool until you can get to it and you have a nice cold beverage to have too! I also have a non-primal cafeteria at work so I'll list some of the things I bring....
    Green Salad with protien (chicken, steak, HB eggs or what ever is left over from dinner)
    Sardines
    Canned Tuna
    Salmon in a pouch
    Smoothies..... great recipes from Primal Toad
    Hard boiled eggs
    Mini fritattas
    Mini meatloaves (frits and loaves made in muffin tins)

If you have access to a microwave, any primal leftovers are options too! I took me a little while to be able to "think outside the box", but once you do, you'll realize that the possibilities are almost endless.

Good luck on your journey!!!

Michelle

ayi1979 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Michelle! I'm all about trying to carry less to work since, most of the time I'm on a train or such. But I guess we all have to make sacrifices, and in the long run I think I will be happier having the choice to eat what I want. I never thought of the Mini meatloaves, sounds fantastic! I'll look them up!

Best regards,
    Amos

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Yeah, 'mini meatloaves' are the bombdiggity. I top mine with sriracha. They're kinda like softball sized meat balls.

Another room temp. stable food is pemmican. You might not like eating it every day, but it could work in a pinch probably.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    We make meat roll-ups for lunches. Good quality deli lunch meat, french fry shaped piece of cheese, same shape pickle piece or a dilly bean....put cheese & veg on meat, roll up a few. Also good with a leaf of green on top of the meat & rolled. Lots of possibilities. Still need a chill pack, but worth the hassle for the tastiness.

Sometimes I just pack an avocado, knife & spoon. Cut in half at lunchtime, pick out seed, salt & eat with a spoon.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    canned wild salmon too.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway