Thread: Paleo Journey of tanstaafl page

tanstaafl is offline Junior Member

Paleo Journey of tanstaafl

Primal Fuel
    Background: low carbbed for couple of years...lost some weight. Bored of it so when found Paleo in Jan I decided to give it a try because it was similar but had fruit!
    Jan. 2012 till today...lost 22 lbs. LONG LIVE PALEO!
    I don't know why its called primal here but tomayto tomahto.

So June 1st my sister and I started the leptin reset. Her because of cravings/snacking and me because I needed a new challenge to focus on. We want our siblings to join us and decided to start journals to help us track our progress and maybe inspire the siblings.
    Last edited by tanstaafl; 06-11-2012 at 08:14 PM.

thoughts on leptin reset

Rules a bit confusing. Kruse is interesting but needs an editor. Rules are (I think):
    Eat 50 grams of protein in morning. Start within 30 minutes of rising. Absolutely no snacking ever. Lunch is optional. Keep carbs below 50 per day. Dinner must be finished 3.5 hours before bedtime. Get morning sun. Darken house at dusk. Don't exercise but if you must, make it walking after dinner.

I'm taking a T. of CLO, a kelp pill and a K3 & vit. D a day.

So far - experiencing the inches tightening before the scale shows anything effect. 50 grams of protein is a lot, but my sister pointed out that the breakfast type meats are a little strong so I switched to 1/4 hamburger patties and it was easier to get down. Typical breakfast - 2 patties and 3 eggs. Or 3 patties. Either way with about 1/4 cup of Bubbies SK. I added 1 T. of coconut manna to see if I could make it to dinner w/o hunger. I have chickens so eggs are the good kind.
    Last edited by tanstaafl; 06-12-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Day 12 of Leptin Reset

Had to travel long distances today (3 hours one way) so had to use alarm to get up early. Had been so long that my sleepy brain couldnt remember what it was for!
    Breakfast - 3 quarter pound hamburger patties with dash of salt. 1/4 cup SK. 1 T. Coconut manna.
    XXX got sleepy on long drive. Finally succumbed to gum! artificial sweeteners. Made it alive so perhaps worth it.
    Lunch - really not hungry but at 1:30 ate an apple and some cashews. Felt full.
    Dinner -going out w/depressed friend but they have meat and salad there so shouldn't be a problem.

Morning sun - very early when fed/watered/let out chickens but sun was out.
    Bkfst w/in 30 min. - yes
    No snacking - sadly, there was gum
    5 hours between bkfast and lunch (this rule I've seen on other journals, not sure where it came from)-yes
    5 hours between lunch and dinner-we'll see
    3.5 hours between finishing dinner and bedtime-we'll see
    Dark house at dusk-we'll see

Lost internet for a bit.
    Doing good...travel still a problem. I get hungry two thirtyish. Upping protein to56 g today. Also sometimes don't finish dinner by six but sister and I trade cooking and with my work it may always be a problem.
    Lost an inch on my thigh? Going to re-measure. Scale doesn't move.
    Feel good-energywise. A little grumpy but not depressed. Travel wears me out as do people. Severe introvert here.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    Had to travel long distances today (3 hours one way) so had to use alarm to get up early. Had been so long that my sleepy brain couldnt remember what it was for!
    Breakfast - 3 quarter pound hamburger patties with dash of salt. 1/4 cup SK. 1 T. Coconut manna.
    XXX got sleepy on long drive. Finally succumbed to gum! artificial sweeteners. Made it alive so perhaps worth it.
    Lunch - really not hungry but at 1:30 ate an apple and some cashews. Felt full.
    Dinner -going out w/depressed friend but they have meat and salad there so shouldn't be a problem.

Morning sun - very early when fed/watered/let out chickens but sun was out.
    Bkfst w/in 30 min. - yes
    No snacking - sadly, there was gum
    5 hours between bkfast and lunch (this rule I've seen on other journals, not sure where it came from)-yes
    5 hours between lunch and dinner-we'll see
    3.5 hours between finishing dinner and bedtime-we'll see
    Dark house at dusk-we'll see

Good to see you on my journal. You're so lucky you have chickens! Congrats on the 22 lbs since starting Paleo. :-)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Day 20 of Leptin Reset. I have been very strictly Paleo except when I go out to eat and cant control what oil the food is cooked in. Interesting thing happened when I ate out for three dinners in a row ... acne flare up and UC symptoms came back. Hmm. Could it be the bad oils are that bad for my system? Wouldnt have noticed but for the extra discipline of the LR.

Measurements...okay from June 6 to June 20 I have lost one inch at the waist and a half inch at the thigh and a half inch at the hips. Scale tells me I lost 3-4 lbs. Too. I am a happy camper.
    Last edited by tanstaafl; 06-20-2012 at 07:28 AM.