Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo comes in last page

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member

Paleo comes in last

What is this based on? I just can't understand where they get nutritional deficiencies (hello leafy green veggies). And the only real complaint I see here is that it's too hard to stick to... Which is a really weak argument against this "diet" as they inaccurately call it.

Paleo Diet Reviews - US News Best Diets
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    They are talking about weight loss. Paleo is not a weight loss diet.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Those reports are based on the opinions of "experts". Also known as "puppets". The industry is scared poopless about this. We were never supposed to figure out what real food was. Now they are losing money on their grain crops and are desperate to paint an ugly picture about real food. Paleo, in its modern form, is simply the consumption of nutrient dense food and the avoidance of toxic, empty and otherwise unsuitable food. How can anyone miss nutrients while eating eggs, liver, spinach, fish and more? If anything, paleo eaters should occasionally get tested for vitamin overdosing. Since we avoid anti-nutrients, there would theoretically be a slight risk of excess vitamin A, iron, other metals and similar toxicity. Except, guess what? It doesn't happen. Bodies pretty much throw away all the excess pretty well. It's just fear mongering by Big Agra. Weak and thin fear mongering.

Paleo was a weight-loss diet for me. I was living on soda and spaghetti. I thought I was doing fine.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

FrankiG is offline Member
    Did you read some of the critiques of paleo? The 'experts' were uncomfortable that it 'cut out entire food groups like grains and dairy'. If they're still thinking of those things as necessary for health then the entire paradigm of paleo will make no sense to them. Another reason it scored low was due to 'cost' which just makes me crazy that grains are so cheap - I can buy a box of 'organic grain-based cereal bars' for my kids for $.30/bar or I can get grain-free lara bars for $1.25/bar (or make my own for about that much). There is a huge cost disparity between eating processed and real food (and 'real food' doesn't include grains for me).
    Teacher and Homeschooler
    One husband of 9 years,
    Two kids (6 & 3)
    Pregnant with #3, due this summer

Going primal resolved my anxiety symptoms!!!

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    There isn't a lot of research on Paleo diet and diabetes, so they had "no choice" but to give it a low score?? WTF??? This is pure garbage, it is obvious they are biased, but oh wait, they are experts so of course they know best. Sad thing is most people who read this will probably be swayed against paleo and never give it a second thought again
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    This is normally a "scientific" blog, and usually every commented is willing to give and take, for science! Watch what happens when their scientific viewpoint of food is threatened, however. I unsubscribed from this place in my RSS because people proved themselves too closed minded.
    Never read the comments.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    No money in eating real, whole foods.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Never read the comments.
    I agree, anyone that has the time to argue over articles online has the way too much time on their hands.

jllundqu is offline Member
    How can they argue with results? I am not missing any nutrients! I eat a mountain of varietal foods, fruits, veggies, meats, limited dairy, and minimal supplements. My doc says I'm healthy as a race-horse!

Shifting paradigms is going to ruffle some feathers, I'm afraid.
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL, it has to be the easiest diet to stick to of all time. Eat whole foods. Don't eat grains, beans, soy or sugar or processed foods. Done.

It's even easy to dine out. I just went to a burrito place- I want chicken on a salad with grilled veggies and salsa. DONE. I went out for Indian- roast lamb, roast potatoes, spinach. Done. Brunch- Frittata - please make in butter and no toast. Done.

I don't know my nutrients well but was not aware that white bread and sugar carried any, and very few people actually eat whole grains.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast