Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paleo comes in last page 3

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In Primal Research, Texas.Grok posted 'Cui Bono (who benefits)" which I think decribes this situation perfectly. Promoting a way of eating that will significantly reduce the public's need for hospitals, pharmaceuticals, and 'diet' food would benefit no one - except the individual people, of course.

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Promoting a way of eating that will significantly reduce the public's need for hospitals, pharmaceuticals, and 'diet' food would benefit no one - except the individual people, of course.
    I see this meme on this site all the time, and I don't see how it makes any sense. Health care costs are a huge drain on Big Business, both direct and indirect, and Big Business dwarfs pharma/etc.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    The microcosm of board members who own stocks in grains, sit on government food advisory panels AND set nutritional guidelines for the medical industry is responsible for the confusion. I know hospitals would suffer greatly is people were to live normal, healthy lives and then just drop dead. We rely on chronic ailments that lead to big, long-term insurance payouts.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't it also make you angry when the "experts" assume that bc we don't eat gluten we replace it with high calorie substitutes that they say make you fat!? They are speaking out of ignorance in that case bc they just don't care enough to really see what we are doing. I have cured my insomnia on the primal diet and appear well on my way to curing my anxiety, and it makes me SO mad when people discount this way of eating...but then again, why have a diet that helps prevent disease when you can treat it for high dollars over the course of a lifetime? Argh I need to walk the anger off..lol.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    The ones that came in on top are "programs" that bring in big advertising dollars. You don't want to offend the advertisers. There is no single entity making money off of paleo. Therefore, it comes in last.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    LOL, it has to be the easiest diet to stick to of all time. Eat whole foods. Don't eat grains, beans, soy or sugar or processed foods. Done.

It's even easy to dine out. I just went to a burrito place- I want chicken on a salad with grilled veggies and salsa. DONE. I went out for Indian- roast lamb, roast potatoes, spinach. Done. Brunch- Frittata - please make in butter and no toast. Done.

I don't know my nutrients well but was not aware that white bread and sugar carried any, and very few people actually eat whole grains.
    Totally off topic here - but it never occurred to me that I could ask a restaurant to cook my food in butter instead of veg oil. Are places pretty good about doing it? It is such a great idea!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

jllundqu is offline Member
    Cracks me up... I literally have retrained my entire body in 5 weeks. I'm in better shape than I've been in since basic training, and I've only just started.

My rule of thumb:

Conventional Wisdom = FAIL
    Instinct = WINNING
    Re-Starting Paleo January 10, 2013

SW - 185.4 lbs Janury 10, 2013
    CW- 179.8 lbs
    Goal- 168 lbs Full Performance Level PBF, 32" waist, lean...

MY PALEO JOURNAL

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Totally off topic here - but it never occurred to me that I could ask a restaurant to cook my food in butter instead of veg oil. Are places pretty good about doing it? It is such a great idea!!
    i would not believe for a second that they really did it unless i saw it myself. I don't even believe most restaurants HAVE butter in the kitchen.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    I'm nearly 48 dropped grains about 3.5 weeks ago and no milk, been training for about 6 weeks after a layoff due to a chest infection.
    I have never dropped weight so fast even in my 20s. Now easily in 32 inch jeans and losing 1 to 2 lbs per week
    I am eating primally with a bit more Carb than most but rarely over 120 grams a day it's quite hard to do so.

I am monitoring my calories and estimate 20lbs loss so far.

I have been out to dinner at least 5x and have the occasional treat

You can STICK your grains and milk where the sun don't shine

People at work have been shocked how quick I have done it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast