Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Energy consumption and use: Do we need to eat THAT much when lifting? page 2

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    BTW sumo wrestlers eat one meal a day.
    That's only because the sumo culture requires a specific food to be eaten in order for it to constitute a meal. They can eat 40 burgers throughout the day but that food is still their one "meal".
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    That's only because the sumo culture requires a specific food to be eaten in order for it to constitute a meal. They can eat 40 burgers throughout the day but that food is still their one "meal".
    If you never stop eating, it's just 1 meal.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

JoeyA is offline Member
    Your body isn't going to want to start packing on muscle when your body thinks there is a lack of food.

The number of calories your body needs as maintenance rises the more muscle mass you have, and your body was designed to protect it's calories.

A lot of people seem to have success with Lean Gains, which is something that I'm interested in starting soon.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    You've got to eat to grow. How fast and how much is totally dependent on what you can get through your mouth hole.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Post-workout, sometimes I feel like I can't shovel food in my mouth fast enough. I'm so EFFING STARVING.

As NicMcCool said in another thread: meat feeds meat. You gotta eat a shit-ton of food to get BIG. It's hard but perfectly do-able.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12