Thread: When do I "stop" my weight loss? page

reallygravity is offline Senior Member

When do I "stop" my weight loss?

Primal Fuel
    I am 32 years old, female, 5'3", and currently weigh 108 pounds. This is what I weighed in high school, but I am in the best shape ever (physically and in terms of strength/endurance). A true test of this is--a year ago, my entire body would feel it after I carried my toddler on my hip for two-three blocks. Now, I can do it for several blocks, no problem. And my toddler aint that little anymore!

This is my question--the height-weight-age charts tell me I am at my most ideal weight. However, I still have "fat deposits"--aka slight love handles, jiggly thighs, and no, I dont have a six pack.

Would it be ok for my body to lose more weight? On the one hand, I would love to lean out more. On the other hand, I cant imagine losing more weight (mostly because I have never been smaller than this ever before).

Any thoughts? Personal stories?

js290 is offline Senior Member

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Ditch the scale and focus on body composition, not the number on the scale.

Attention Scale Addicts 1

Attention Scale Addicts 2

You don't get total control over where you body carries fat. For women, belly, hips and thighs is normal and not unhealthy. You DO have control over strength and muscle definition, as long as you're not concerned with how much those muscles weigh.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Ditch the scale and focus on body composition, not the number on the scale.

Attention Scale Addicts 1

Attention Scale Addicts 2

You don't get total control over where you body carries fat. For women, belly, hips and thighs is normal and not unhealthy. You DO have control over strength and muscle definition, as long as you're not concerned with how much those muscles weigh.
    +1

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    In reference to quantitative data (weight & body fat %) vs. qualitative data (jiggly thighs, love handles, etc) If you only track or are concerned with weight you miss the other half which is body composition. Who cares how much you weigh? You could be 5'3" and 130 pounds and look awesome, or look terrible....

Qualitatively you should continue what you're doing until you no longer have those things which you dislike (jiggly bits, etc). Again that might be at 105 pounds or 130 pounds.

If you are a person who likes tracking "numbers" (AKA quantitative data), then track BOTH your weight AND your body fat %. Use this to set goals like "110 pounds AND 20% bodyfat."

Regarding your total weight (and weight goals), personally *I think* (and MY opinion is only worth what you think it's worth) at 5'3" and 108 pounds you're kinda small! *I find* women attractive at that height in the 110-120 pound 15-20% body fat range. But that's my opinion and doesn't count for peanuts.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you everyone! This was very useful and is going to help me figure out my real goals.

Sandra in BC--Thanks for sharing the link. Eye-opening.