Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ratio of foods page 2

SleepyRoots is offline Member
    I use cronometer and it's never given me weird percentages. That said, those add up to 82%. I am guessing that two should be twenty.
    You can input custom percentages, but I use it more as a tracker than a target. If going over or under bothers you, tweak the settings. You might also check the rate of weight loss you've selected. If its too high you end up with unrealisticly low targets, which will impact the percentages of course. 20% of 1000 calories is not a lot. In fact with paleo/primal you might still loose weight at the maintenance setting.

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member
    Ah yes, I did put 2lb loss per week and it only gave me 982 cals per day so that would explain it. And yes it was meant to be 20 not 2.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Something worth asking yourself is how long it actually took you to put the excess weight on? Don't be in such a hurry to take it off, give yourself roughly the same amount of time to lose what you've gained. Slow and steady wins the race...

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member
    It took 4 years aarrrggghhh I quit smoking , had to finish work as a grooming assistant which was quite physical and I just got bigger without really noticing. I did start to drink and I never used to before but I have cut right back on alcohol for the last month.

Well, I'm not necessarily suggesting that it will take four years to take it off but sometimes it can be a real eye opener to talk about how long it took to put the weight on when I hear folks talk about wanting to lose weight in an accelerated manner. Granted two pounds per week isn't what I'd call ultra-extreme but it can be a little higher than I normally recommend.

You'll also find that you may reach that two pounds per week goal some weeks (especially when you first start) and then hit various plateaus along your journey followed by sudden dietary "whooshes". When I say "slow and steady" wins the race, I'm just sharing what my experiences in the arena have uncovered. I see a lot of folks absolutely gung ho at the start but they soon get burnt out when attempting to carry a schedule that isn't sustainable over the long haul...

It's also worth mentioning that if you decide to include resistance training at some point, the scale becomes less and less of a tool for measuring success. I normally encourage taped body measurements before recommending using scales...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Just have to say, it's usually good to be over on protein. You want surplus protein to add muscle and thus burn more fat.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    You want surplus protein to add muscle and thus burn more fat.
    No, not entirely true, and the OP is not looking to add muscle as indicated by their opening post. We are working with a sedentary person here.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    What makes you think sedentary people can't add muscle mass?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    What makes you think sedentary people can't add muscle mass?
    Can you please quote where I made this statement?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12