Thread: Meat page

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member

Meat

Primal Fuel
    So I have started to eat chicken again, only free range though. I am thinking of having a steak once a week (if I can get passed my issues) would this be worth having nutrition wise or no?

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    So I have started to eat chicken again, only free range though. I am thinking of having a steak once a week (if I can get passed my issues) would this be worth having nutrition wise or no?
    If you are eating the skin and not only breast meat, then it would be okay, IMO. What's your issue with beef? IF you just don't like the taste, have you tried other red meats, such as bison and lamb?

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Sure, it's always good to eat a range of different foods to get a broader range of nutrients. You'll get considerably more vitamin B12, besides rather more iron and zinc in the beef.

However, lamb's liver, as well as being cheaper than steak, would have considerably more B12 again, as well as a little more iron, quite a lot of vitamin A, and good amounts of B vitamins.

Swap around and rotate poultry, beef, fish, and organ meats in and out and you'll have a good strategy.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    It is not only worth it but imperative. Get a ribeye into you right away!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    If you are eating the skin and not only breast meat, then it would be okay, IMO. What's your issue with beef? IF you just don't like the taste, have you tried other red meats, such as bison and lamb?
    I have not eaten meat for nearly a year for personal reasons, I went through this on another post. I have managed to eat chicken with skin and am going to try some steak but I will prob only have it once a week as I am still not comfortable with the idea.I figure it is a step in the right direction.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Steak is good, but if you wont enjoy it don't eat it, go for fish or turkey or lamb or pork chops, I love pork chops. Don't beat yerself up with trying to eat beef.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

I beat myself up eating any meats but have managed some chicken. I thought maybe one steak a week would be a compramise with myself.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    No need, stay with fish and chicken till you can get used to it. It would be a waste if you did not enjoy it.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.