Thread: Headaches During IF page

jhagans is offline Junior Member

Headaches During IF

Primal Fuel
    I've done 10-15 fasts so far, each lasting between 22-26 hours. I've noticed each time I begin to develop a headache around the 18 hour mark. I'm reluctant to take advil/tylenol/asprin. The headaches dissipate immediately after I break the fast. Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to alleviate the pain?

Thanks!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i used to deal with that. i just broke my fast sooner and that took care of it.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried some coconut milk? Not fake coconut milk from the white-people grocery store, but the real thing like at the asian market? I like Aroy-D in the BPA-free cardboard mini-box. Anyway, it will provide ketones and let you have more energy while still enjoying many of the benefits of fasting. It's what I do toward the end of my day. One big meal, then a box of coconut milk at around the 12th hour, or whenever it feels right.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Metric is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating as your last meal the day before? Is it a high-fat, mod protein, low carb? I usually have coffee with some heavy cream during my IF (ends up being around the 12-14 hr mark). If you don't do dairy (or coffee), knifegill provided good advise about coconut milk. High-fat seems to work for me. Or... like Primal Rob says, break your fast sooner.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Are you hydrating properly?

jhagans is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I usually have a fairly fat-full meal before beginning the fast. Ground beef with coconut milk (from the Indian store :] ) and thai curry is a recent favorite. Broccoli with butter, salad with homemade ranch, etc. I also have lots of coffee with cream and coconut milk. Not during the fast but before I start as I thought you lost the benefits of fasting once a caloric food was consumed. Is that incorrect? To that end, I get by through the day with iced-tea and water...maybe adding a little fat during the day will help things. I will try it tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    That's what the coffee is for....
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Break the fast earlier or have some coconut oil or ghee.