Thread: 10 weeks into Primal page

rrich49132 is offline Member

10 weeks into Primal

Primal Fuel
    I am now 10 weeks into primal and here are my results. I started out at 194 lbs and today I am 182 lbs. I am following this about 90% as I do have sugar in my morning coffee and use half and half vs the non fat crap I was using. I just started drinking smoothies about a week ago which consist of lettuce, spinach, carrots, apple, banana, and blueberries as this is how I am getting in a good amount of leafy vegetables as I fill up my Vitamaster with the lettuce and spinach with about 1/2 cup of water and get it to a nice consistency before putting the rest in. Still perfecting this as the taste still needs some work.

I have posted this before and what I really love about this is I am never that hungry and am surprised even after my workouts that I don't want to consume tons of food. Prior I would come home and get a piece of meat and tear up some brown rice like 2 or 3 cups and the more I ate the more I wanted to eat more. By eliminating those foods my body does not crave more and more.

My workouts have not changed as I do a strength and conditioning class twice a week a really tough circuit class once a week and I mountain bike once a week. What I have noticed is that my weight loss is in the area where my fat is which is my mid section as I am now pulling my belt very tight as my pants are now so lose around the waist.

This weekend I saw someone that I have not seen in about 4 months and she said I look completely different. I still have my gut but smaller now as my goal with this was to get a lean six pack mid section which is only going to come via a good healthy diet.

I look at this system now not as a diet but how I eat now. I don't crave any carb intense food and when out can find food at restaurants that fit in this. Friday night I had a 10 ounce steak and steam veggies as opposed to fries or a potato. I have one or two glasses of wine at most while my friends have their 6 beers at parties and such when I go out once a week.

Can't wait for another month to pass as my progress has been slow but steady. It has been 15 years since I have been in the 170's and have not doubt I will be there soon and that my gut will slowly go away. I have never had that six pack but that is what I strive for.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    congratulations on your resolve and your results.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    That's great rrich! I'm in the beginning stages too but having success. Stories like yours are why I wanted to be part of this forum! Keep up the great work. I'm at a plateau since I've stayed the same now for couple weeks. I've lost 15 lbs. but would like to get rid of 10 more. I started around Apr. 15th.

rrich49132 is offline Member
    The first two weeks I lost 6 lbs as the rest has come very slowly. I got out of the habit of weighing myself every day as I would be up a lb or two one day and down a lb or two the next day. I check the scale about once a week as I would go nuts trying to figure out what happened yesterday that has caused me to be up slightly. Just sticking to eating what I am suppose to will get me where I go in the long run as I am more focused on the long term than how I am compared to a few days ago.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rrich49132 View Post
    The first two weeks I lost 6 lbs as the rest has come very slowly. I got out of the habit of weighing myself every day as I would be up a lb or two one day and down a lb or two the next day. I check the scale about once a week as I would go nuts trying to figure out what happened yesterday that has caused me to be up slightly. Just sticking to eating what I am suppose to will get me where I go in the long run as I am more focused on the long term than how I am compared to a few days ago.
    If I weigh daily, the same is true, weight goes up and down regardless what I eat. That's why I feel sorry for people who use the scale to gauge if they ate well. Even if they did so, the scale might not show it. Also, it may take several days to show the results of eating too much scale-wise. I weigh weekly, and sometimes think even that is too often. LOL

fatfran is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I check weekly & up until the last couple weeks I've seen loss but I have been able to tell my body has changed according to how my clothes fit & that's ok by me too!