Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't seem to get abs page

zwschlei is offline Member

Can't seem to get abs

So I'm trying to get abs doing primal, any suggestions? I have been doing primal for 8 weeks now, but still my stomach is not totally tight.

Deadlifts, squats and pullups!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Gonna take more than 8 weeks. And remember, great abs are built in the kitchen.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    great abs are built in the kitchen.
    x100^3

Stop doing crunches and eat better. OK that might be harsh, but seriously the CW on abs definition is to do 1,000s of situps and crunchs. How to actually get abs? Lift heavy things (throw in some planks too), eat what your supposed to be eating and give it time.

Well the OP didn't say what his body fat was, you won't start to get visible abs until your body fat is about 12% or less. Under about 9% you start to get real definition. So if you're 20% BF, it's going to be a while... if you're 15% it's around the corner...

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    80% diet, 20% workout.

That said, before you get the "chocolate bar", you need to remove the "chocolate flan": your body fat has to drop at least to 14%: that's where you start seeing them under certain light conditions. To get really cut, BF must be 11 or below. You say it's taking alot, fine: what was your starting point?

Also, let's not forget what the Primal Blueprint is about. Everybody is worried about abs, butts, floppy tights. According to me this is a secondary effect: the PB is about being healthy. And healthy people look good (man, it's about evolution, we are programmed consider beautiful someone who is healthy).
    You can get ribbed faster with steroids and diuretic drugs, too... but this does not mean 1) that you are healthy 2) that your abs are going to last when you quit taking drugs!

Keep on the program, track your progresses, be patient and things will happen.

Leave it to a Swiss to use a chocolate bar analogy LOL.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    My gut looks like a Lindor truffle...I must have a while.

Sprinting helps with abs too (both strength and fat burn), doesn't it?
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

It's all about the diet, keep losing weight until you get where you want to be. But without a suitable muscle building program the chances are that you will always just look "skinny fat". You gotta get some muscle size for you to look good with low bodyfat.

Train hard and no more than 3 times a week, and have a calorie deficit to get to the required bodyfat %.

Simples but oh so hard

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It is not all about diet, you need to make your abs work with heavy weight, DEADLIFTS, SQUATS, BENCH, anything you do you need to keep your abs as tight as possible, the harder they have to work they more they will grow....and yes you have to get the fat off that is on top of them...but this will be harder if there is nothing there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast