For the first time today I tried kelp noodles! They surprisingly tasted NOTHING like the Nori seaweed sheets that I buy in stores. The "noodles" actually don't taste like anything, which is great because you can create endless flavorful dishes with them. I concocted a recipe tonight which tasted so good, that I thought it might be worth sharing! I didn't use exact measurements so feel free to play around. Also, if you have any suggestions to add then please go ahead!
Bone Marrow with Kelp Noodles
-Bone Marrow Bones(enough to yield .5-1 cup chopped marrow)
-100 g kelp noodles(about 2-ish cups)
-1/2 cup grated carrot
-2 cups fresh spinach
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-5 minced garlic cloves
-2 cups bone broth(I used homemade beef broth)
-1 TBSP fat(I used ghee)
1) Boil the kelp noodles in the beef broth until the broth forms a reduction.
2) Extract marrow from bones. There are tons of tutorials online on how to do this. For me, all I did was cut the marrow out.
3) Heat fat in a pan and saute onion, garlic, and carrot until softened.
3) Add bone marrow and saute until the marrow forms a golden outer crust.
4) Add kelp noodle and broth mixture to the bone marrow and veggies. Stir.
5) Add spinach until slightly wilted.
Enjoy! Like I said, if anyone has any suggestions to improve this recipe then please let me know! I added some chopped up bacon and parsley for garnish. I also added some smoked paprika for a bit of flavoring, but this is completely optional.