Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too much fruit - bad? page 3

jakey is offline Senior Member
    do not fear fruit! honestly, i have yet to meet anyone that got NAFLD from fruit! this is crazy. nobody got fat from eating apples. some asshole has probably convinced themselves that it was the fruit that created their gut and spare tire, and that's fucking ridiculous.

the fructose in a can of coke is a problem. the fructose in fruit is fucking delicious and should be consumed if you like smiling, newborn babies, sunsets or pretty birds.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    the fructose in fruit is fucking delicious and should be consumed if you like smiling, newborn babies, sunsets or pretty birds.
    LMAO!!!! This is awesome!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The problem is not that you get fat from eating fruit per se, it is that fruit is not a meal, and that they stack up fast, and you can eat a TON of it if you are sugar addict without realizing how much of it you are eating. In Russia, in the villages, in the olden times, as my grandma told me on an unrelated note, during the apple harvest everyone added weight visibly. Not because apples are bad for you (that was Antonovka we are talking about, that is more sour than your Granny Smith!), but because they had one here, one there, and a couple more after supper... I can put away about 6 servings of fruit in a sitting after having a dinner (do you know a serving of fruit is like 1/2 half of a VERY SMALL apple, or like 4 strawberries???? Who the heck can stop at just 4 strawberries???!), and not blink an eye. That's like 600 calories. A pound a week. AND eaten on its own, fruit is appetite inducing. It pairs great with dairy and nut butters and cream... even more calories. It is easy to reach for as a snack instead of sitting out that momentary impulse to eat.

Fruit is bad for those who are addicted to it. Just like wine is bad for alcoholics. Just like milk harms lactose intolerant. Just like some people can't eat nightshades. Or cabbages.

Sure, Mark and the like of him can talk about eating a piece of fruit once a week. I wish I was one who is like going to take a few bites from an apple and like go: "yeah, good apple." But I am like: good apple! now a bit more grapes, and another apple... and maybe...
    Last edited by Leida; 06-22-2012 at 10:11 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

skyegirl is offline Junior Member
    I have to say bad language puts me off eating.......

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Every day I eat at least an ounce of blueberries, pineapple, and strawberries. I also have at least 1 banana a day. And since we had such a warm spring my apricot tree developed early and I've been picking and eating a few of those everyday since April. So good. I couldn't live with my fruit and I wouldn't want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
    I have to say bad language puts me off eating.......
    what the fuck are you talking about?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Look - fructose and glucose are handled very differently by the body. If you're equally good with both then I'm fucking happy for you
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

ss14 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    GAHHHHHH!

STOP OVER THINKING THIS!

Fruit rocks. If you like it, eat it. If you're eating a ton of fruit you're already WAY ahead of all those people chugging soda all day. If it starts to make you feel like crap, or your body says "Dear God, no more fruit!" then lay off.

It's not that hard, people.
    No, you're not. Fructose is fructose.

Quote Originally Posted by ss14 View Post
    No, you're not. Fructose is fructose.
    yeah, you should probably leave the fruit for the rest of us. it's just like soda, you don't want that. you'll get a fatty liver and die if you eat it. humans are really good at converting carbohydrate into fat.

Ask Chris: Is Fructose Really That Bad?
    Evolving Health: Fate of fructose: Interview with Dr. John Sievenpiper

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The difference between fructose and glucose is very old news. It was common knowledge among biochemists 2 decades ago.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast