Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel so unwell page

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member

I feel so unwell

Primal Fuel
    I have been eating as healthy as poss for two weeks now but I feel like crap!! I have eliminated grains and am eating veg,salads,cheese,eggs and fish. I have very little milk in a few small cups of tea. I have no energy and this morning I have the most dreadful pains around the ribs area at the back mostly left side. Hurts when I breathe and move, every joint seems to ache. Any ideas? I was thinking of nipping to the doctors tomorrow but not sure.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    How much of everything are you eating?
    Enough fat?
    Are you choosing to avoid red meat/chicken?

The pain when moving/breathing says to me you should visit your doc

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Only things I can think of at the top of my head: carb flu (if you went from heavy carb diet to low carb), too little fat, not enough calories, dehydration. Could you give an example of what you've been eating in a day (including any fats added)?

I usually have two eggs for my first meal either scrammbled or fried in butter, I eat one to two teaspoons ( i know its not much but it makes me heave) of coconut oil. Lots of water, fish, veg a lot of salads, some chicken also. Today I finished off some hollumi cheese which I char-grilled with a bit of cod and some brocoli, califlower and an olive oil,lemon and garlic dressing. Yesterday was salmon on a bed of salad leaves with olives,anchovey and red onion dressing. Sometimes I will snack on nuts or just a peice of chedder cheese.

Are you saying that you only have 2 eggs for breakfast.. and nothing else?

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric View Post
    Are you saying that you only have 2 eggs for breakfast.. and nothing else?
    Sounds like it. I was more wondering what the rest of the day was like. For example, I have no idea what 'some' chicken is. What is 'a bit of cod'? 'A lot of salad'? Personally I consider more than one piece of lettuce on a burger 'a lot of salad'. If someone asked me what I had for dinner, I might say, "A piece of steak" Now that piece would be about 12 ounces or so. Would it be the same for you OP? How about an accurate break down? Something like:

breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in butter

lunch 3 cups of lettuce, 1 cup of assorted veggies (onion, carrot, mushrooms), 2 TBS lemon and garlic dressing, 2 oz cheese, 4 oz chicken breast

dinner: 6 oz cod, 1 small sweet potato, 2 cups broccoli.

Something so we can actually get an idea of how many calories you are eating and the macros. Also, how old and tall are you? How much do you weigh? Do you exercise? If so what? All of this matters.

Do you have any health concerns? Low thyroid? Diabetes? Anything else that might be making you sick? Were you a vegetarian for 15 years? Are you food sensitive? to what?

I'm not trying to be rude but "a bit of cod" doesn't tell us jack squat.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Sounds like it. I was more wondering what the rest of the day was like. For example, I have no idea what 'some' chicken is. What is 'a bit of cod'? 'A lot of salad'? Personally I consider more than one piece of lettuce on a burger 'a lot of salad'. If someone asked me what I had for dinner, I might say, "A piece of steak" Now that piece would be about 12 ounces or so. Would it be the same for you OP? How about an accurate break down? Something like:

breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in butter

lunch 3 cups of lettuce, 1 cup of assorted veggies (onion, carrot, mushrooms), 2 TBS lemon and garlic dressing, 2 oz cheese, 4 oz chicken breast

dinner: 6 oz cod, 1 small sweet potato, 2 cups broccoli.

Something so we can actually get an idea of how many calories you are eating and the macros. Also, how old and tall are you? How much do you weigh? Do you exercise? If so what? All of this matters.

Do you have any health concerns? Low thyroid? Diabetes? Anything else that might be making you sick? Were you a vegetarian for 15 years? Are you food sensitive? to what?

I'm not trying to be rude but "a bit of cod" doesn't tell us jack squat.

+1

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I have a hard time seeing how any of the stuff we are talking about here would cause significant pain in the OPs ribs and joint pain.

I say a trip to the doctor is in order.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Sorry, I am 5'6" weight 75kg and take levothyroxine because I only have half a thyroid.
    My doc says I have Fibromyalgia but I am one of those who doesn't really believe this is a reall illness ( I know people will be screaming at me now but that is my opinion sorry)
    I do only have eggs for breackfast as I am not really that hungry. sometimes I skip it but I have read that it is o.k. to do that.
    When I say a lot of salad leaves I mean I cover my plate high with them and then put the food on top
    I average around 200g of meat or fish at each meal
    Around 7 forets of brocoli and the same for cali
    Dressing is usually just olive oil poured into bowl about 3tablespoons, half a lemon juice and about 4 cloves of garlic.
    I dont excersise at the moment as my muscles are very weak, I was going to ask in the fitness thread about the best way to start.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I have a hard time seeing how any of the stuff we are talking about here would cause significant pain in the OPs ribs and joint pain.

I say a trip to the doctor is in order.

^This is true also. And it came on after 2 weeks. Yeah, probably time to use us some of that NHS tax you've been paying

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    My doc says I have Fibromyalgia but I am one of those who doesn't really believe this is a reall illness ( I know people will be screaming at me now but that is my opinion sorry)
    While I have issues with believing in fibro because it seems to be a label for pretty much anything doctors can't diagnose as anything else, it seems to me through reading others' experiences that the pain etc is real. For example, I might call my big toe pain 'rhinofoot' even though rhinofoot is totally made up that doesn't mean my big toe doesn't hurt. So while you may not believe in the giant umbrella disorder of fibro your pain might have a cause the doc can figure out. I'm with jammies, go to the doc
    Last edited by canio6; 06-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast