Thread: weight loss page

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member

weight loss

Primal Fuel
    Do you have to be in ketosis for weight loss or just lower carb. I have given up grains proccesed etc for health reasons but my main aim is weight loss.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    Do you have to be in ketosis for weight loss or just lower carb. I have given up grains proccesed etc for health reasons but my main aim is weight loss.
    You need to be sensitive to the signalling of your hormones, particularly insulin and leptin.

BODY BY SCIENCE (VIDEO 5): THE SCIENCE OF FAT LOSS

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Some people find that eating lower carb really keeps their appetite low and allows for easier weight loss. Other people find that just eating a primal diet with meats, veggies, fats, fruits is adequate for weight loss. You will have to experiment a bit to see what works for you. I never did an intentially low carb version of primal and lost weight without problems. People who are very overweight or very insulin resistant may benefit from a period of low carb eating.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member
    According to a fit website I am getting about 15 - 55g carbs a day, really depends on what I have eaten. How do I get sensetive to my hormones? What do I look for?

LinaRoCk is offline Junior Member
    okay, to get into shape , speed up your metabolism, rid yourself of excess fat and lose weight ,,,,,do as follows:

Stop drinking & smoking (if you do this regularly)
    eat fruits & vegetables all you can (buy a slow cooker /food steamer & rice/pasta cooker to make it easy on you)...(vegetables might not seem "tasty", like junk foods,, but can be as you aquire your taste to them..and are loaded with energy and nutrients)...avoid all junk food, cokes, sweets, etc...and drink water . If you eat meat ,,use only steamed, baking or grilled methods for preparing fish or chicken.

also, do an hour of walking each day at least. or some type of excercise.

* you should lose about 10 lbs per month

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LinaRoCk View Post
    * you should lose about 10 lbs per month
    maybe if you have 100+ pounds to lose.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    No, you don't need to be in ketosis to lose weight.

I have never lost fat by eating high fat. In fact, that only ever resulting in gaining fat.

For me to lose fat, i need to eat high protein/low fat. I've done this both as high carb and low carb.

However, if I eat I eat low fat, I will lose the fat from the top half of my body (boobs/collarbone area) which makes me look emaciated, so I'm experimenting right now with some carb-cycling: a combination of low fat/high protein/high carb days with some low carb/high fat/high protein days. So far, this seems to be working well, and I just have to be mindful of calories, and make sure I'm not eating chronically below or above my daily requirement.

There are lots of different ways to lose fat (which I'm assuming is your goal, not just weight overall), but some strategies work better for some than others.

Heth is offline Member
    According to the PB book, you will be in ketosis below 50g carbs a day, and in mild ketosis on 50-100g carbs per day, and maintaining weight or even losing very slowly at 100-150g carbs per day. Mark recommends under 50g only for short periods of time, not as a long-term strategy. 50-100g carbs per day is the "weight loss sweet spot". But of course things vary for everybody and different things work for different people. I have personally lost 5 kg (11lb) in two months on supposed maintenance calories with about 75g carbs a day and 60% of my calories from fat. I keep marveling at all the rich delicious food I get to eat and still lose weight (although I IF regularly as well, so I guess it balances out).

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You need to A) eat primal, B) lift weights, C) Sprints once a while D) Lift weights....all these things work best when they are all done together.