Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so hungry!! page

MedicDan is offline Junior Member

I am so hungry!!

Primal Fuel
    Hello all, here is the quick and easy, I was stricked paleo for 4 or 5 months, went from 198lbs to 167lbs. Felt pretty good, and loved feeling in better shape. Stopped eating paleo, trying to get back in it. Felt hungry a lot when I first started, and dealing with it again.

The back story, I got hired by a fire department, started the academy, we didn't PT as much as you would think, not much time to cook and plan meals, and only fast food around so I started eating really bad. I am right under 180 and my belly has come back. I am trying to get back on the paleo horse but I am having a hard time getting used to being hungry. It happened last time too. I have a wedding in 20 days so I am trying to make sure my tux isn't busting at the seems either! My fiance tried on her dress yesterday and now she, who told me diets are stupid, is coming to me asking for help in dropping weight. I have slowly started getting in to crossfit as well.
    I usually eat chicken or pork and a side of veggies. It feels like without the breads and carbs I feel so hungry! What am I missing? What is some really filling paleo food?
    I am also going to try and get the fiance to do some of the primal fitness.

Thanks in advance.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Butter or tallow on your veggies.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    More fat and patience. It is not uncommon to have your appetite cycle quite a bit while eating this way. So just eat more for now and wait for things to balance out.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Butter? Any specific kinds? A friend said I have to find Ghee butter. Can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by MedicDan View Post
    Butter? Any specific kinds? A friend said I have to find Ghee butter. Can't find it.
    I love Kerrygold Irish butter. If you don't have a dairy sensitivity butter is usually fine. If you really want Ghee you can make your own. Either just clarified butter - melt the butter and pour through filter paper, or you can make proper ghee where you cook the butter until the solids turn golden brown and then strain. I love the buttery rich taste of ghee.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Get the kind of butter that comes from cows. Ingredients: butter. Always read the ingredients. I almost bought "pure ground black pepper" in the spice aisle the other day. Ingredients: about a dozen things including sugar. In other words, NOT pure pepper. Don't get THAT kind of butter.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

PandaRose is offline Member
    I'm right there with you my friend! I want to eat immediately after I eat!

Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    I'm right there with you my friend! I want to eat immediately after I eat!
    It got better over time, and there was a few times I'd get light headed. People said that was normal and it'd go away and it did. Just concerns me because if I get a fire, inside a burning building isn't a good time to get light headed.

It got better over time, and there was a few times I'd get light headed. People said that was normal and it'd go away and it did. Just concerns me because if I get a fire, inside a burning building isn't a good time to get light headed.
    If you are getting light-headed you may more electrolytes. A glass of water with a little sea salt, homemade chicken stock (again with sea salt), plus a little magnesium and potassium may help.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    You can make Ghee from butter (since Ghee is just the pure butter fats without the milk proteins). Just melt the butter in the oven on the lowest heat possible, then pour the pure butterfat (ghee) off into another jar. Store at room temperature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast