Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pizza crust recipe with no nut flour, coconut flour etc. page

JoeyLawrence is offline Junior Member

Pizza crust recipe with no nut flour, coconut flour etc.

Primal Fuel
    I have tried to make several of the pizza crust recipes on here that include almond flour, parmesan cheese, and coconut flour. All of them with ridiculous O6:O3 ratios and loads of PUFAs. Below is my simple recipe...

1 large eggplant
    two eggs
    1/4 cup of olive oil
    garlic powder, salt, pepper, to taste

Grate the entire eggplant in to a mixing bowl with a cheese grater and then let it sit for about 30 minutes so the excess liquid from the eggplant can collect in the bottom of the bowl. Eggplant is really juicy and it needs to be "wrung out" before making a pizza crust. I actually take the ground eggplant and squeeze it over a sink to dry it out.

Once the eggplant is dry enough, add two eggs and 1/8 cup of olive oil and mix it up with your hands or a wooden spoon. I normally add about a tablespoon of garlic powder and then however much salt and pepper you want.

Grease up a piece of parchment paper on a pan with olive oil and then put the "dough" on the parchment paper. push out the dough in to a thin crust like circle. Put in the oven on 350 for about 20 minutes (or until it is starting to brown on the bottom). Take it back out and flip it directly on to the pan discarding the parchment paper. Cook it for another 10 minutes on 300. Keep a constant eye on it to make sure you aren't burning. I like mine a little bit crispier.

Once you have a cooked crust, add whatever ingredients you like and put back in the oven on 350 until cheese is bubbling and edge of cheese is browning. If you don't eat dairy, just dress it up as you like.

This is a perfectly primal healthy recipe without all the ridiculous "primal" flours. Tastes great as a substrate to get the good part of the pizza in your mouth.
    Starting Weight and Height 5' 11"; 201 lbs on September 6, 2011. 167 lbs as of April 24, 2012.

Seems like way too much work. I would rather have a real slice on a cheat day once a week.

But I appreciate the effort.

JoeyLawrence is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Seems like way too much work. I would rather have a real slice on a cheat day once a week.

But I appreciate the effort.
    There's three ingredients and spices... how is it too much work?
    Starting Weight and Height 5' 11"; 201 lbs on September 6, 2011. 167 lbs as of April 24, 2012.

Bobert is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyLawrence View Post
    There's three ingredients and spices... how is it too much work?
    I agree, very troll response.

How much eggplant flavor comes out in the recipe? I know somewhere there is a cauliflower pizza crust that is done a similar way.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    This sounds really good - does the base develop a firm texture, so that you could pick up a slice of Pizza?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Similar crust is made with cauliflower without less efforts, but all and all, I like the meatzza idea much more, it is just so much more tasty. With eggplant, I think I would rather load grilled strips of epplant with marinara, cheese and toppings, than grating it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    saw a youtube vid where a woman made a paleo breakfast pizza. In place of the crust she used 8 scrambled eggs to basically make a flat omelet in a skillet. She left the eggs cook long enough to get a bit of a crust around the edge. She also browned the sausage before putting all the other usual toppings on top. She then put the pizza in the broiler for about 5 minutes.

I thought about trying this with some added tapioca flour
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    I'll try your recipe. I tried the one on the net making pizza crust from chicken and parmesan?!?!? HORRIBLE STUFF!

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast