Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal nutrition rocks:) No acne or IBS through healthy gut flora! page

White Fox is offline Junior Member

Primal nutrition rocks:) No acne or IBS through healthy gut flora!

Hi guys!

I've been a long time lurker on marksdailyapple.com and finally decided to join to express my happiness and bounce a couple of nutrition questions at you guys.

The information available on marksdailyapple.com and on gutflora.com
    has been my major help in getting over my health issues.

I've been living primal for a couple of years now. Very strict at times! Improving my gut flora was the most important thing in getting over my severe acne and IBS.

What are your thoughts on fermented foods VS. Probiotics? And, which alcholic beverage do you find agrees the best with your gut?
    Last edited by White Fox; 06-10-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Post a picture, don't be shy!
    What exactly did you do?
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

I love a good gut flora.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Post a picture, don't be shy!
    What exactly did you do?

Haha, maybe I'll post a picture later.

After years of being "sick" with acne, fatigue, irritable bowel I started to put the pieces together. I began reading scientific literature on the subject and reading about gut health. I started the gut dysbiosis treatment on gutflora.com and used marksdailyapple.com as my source for information on foods. Evrything is about restoring healthy gut flora and treating leaky gut

Now I hope to share my information, because I know that these disorders are so common!
    Last edited by White Fox; 06-10-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    I am making a batch of kimchee (w/o pepper flakes) and Daikon radish (w/ a few pepper flakes) right now. They are probiotic foods, just not the pill form of lactobacillus, which I've also taken. But primal means eating more real food, swallow fewer pills; so that's why I'm doing it. Not to mention my first batch of kimchee was delicious, if salty. Contrary to instructions from some, I used sea salt - I don't mind black flecks on my food.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that link White Fox, will look at the gutflora treatment plan. What sort of IBS symptoms would you say you've cleared up following the treatment plan listed on that website?

Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Thanks for that link White Fox, will look at the gutflora treatment plan. What sort of IBS symptoms would you say you've cleared up following the treatment plan listed on that website?
    I had several food intolerances, loose stools, irregular bowel movements and so on. It sucked and most doctors have no knowledge on this. They just run some allergy tests and tell you to eat more fiber.

I was pretty sick so i had to do some antifungal supplements to reduce counts of candida(and other pathogens) before rebuilding my gut flora. Most people can probably get away with just diet and a lot of beneficial bacteria+prebiotics!

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Would it happen to be the antifungal supplements listed on the diet? I guess it wouldn't hurt me to try some aswell, before i hit the fermented goods hard.

I have begun eating raw garlic with my steaks though, for the taste if not for antifungal benefits I also eat coconut oil straight now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Would it happen to be the antifungal supplements listed on the diet? I guess it wouldn't hurt me to try some aswell, before i hit the fermented goods hard.

I have begun eating raw garlic with my steaks though, for the taste if not for antifungal benefits I also eat coconut oil straight now and then.
    I used olive leaf extract, but not oregano oil because I couldn't get it. I used something called UVA-ursi instead. I think you only need to do the antimicrobials if you feel that you have some type of overgrowth. If your gut is working pretty good you can probably get away with not doing antimicrobials; just diet + pre/pro -biotics

The antimicrobials are only necessary to reduce counts of harmful microbes so the benefical bacteria gets a chance to colonize.

If you choose to do antifungals first you should expect die-off symptoms. I had them bad for many weeks, but my gut was totally fucked up as mentioned.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And one more thing, you should probably excpect to get worse beforte you get better if you have a more serious condition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast