Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emmy's Primal Journal page 2

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Good to hear it is going well. Are you doing anything special during the times you would normally be eating?
    Last edited by Sabine; 06-18-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Em153 View Post
    Night time is actually my favourite time when I'm fasting. I lay there knowing there's another day behind me, and 8 or so more of the easiest hours of fasting ahead.
    That's a really positive mind set, I might try to turn that into some kind of mantra for overnight fasting
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Em153 is offline Junior Member
    Ok. So due to an unusually hectic workload with (now) 2 jobs, I had to stop my fast prematurely. When it gets to the point where I am too tired to climb up stairs, which it had, then it is impacting my life. I completed 3 days, ate eggs, bacon, roast beef with butter and cheddar cheese, an apple and some blueberries for dinner last night, and this morning I still weigh 168. I will continue to do IF - only eating breakfast - and will probably throw in 3 day fasts when possible.

Sabine- No, not really. I get my bf dinner, or cook him breakfast, and then go on my laptop to read about food and fasting you tend to develop a different kind of relationship with food.
    "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
    - Alexander Hamilton

“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly; 'Tis dearness only that gives everything its value.”
    - Thomas Paine

Yesterday I had bacon & eggs, rb rolls with cream cheese and olives, and some frozen wild organic blueberries. I like the blueberries because of the antioxidants, but they seem to cause cravings. Going to go light on those.
    - Alexander Hamilton

“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheaply, we esteem too lightly; 'Tis dearness only that gives everything its value.”
    - Thomas Paine

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    How do you find going to bed hungry, this is my biggest mental block, that and the rest of the family eating. I never eat breakfast any more and often go without lunch, and sometimes put off evening meal till quite late, but can't seem to get past the issue of going to bed hungry.
    Yeah, that's tough for me too. I haven't done more than a limited eating window yet, so I'm not really hungry at bedtime. Psychological, I guess. I feel a need for at least a few almonds.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Ok- busy summer. I completed my EMR course, waiting for my exam date and looking for jobs in the oil field. I fell off the wagon regarding paleo/low carb/pretty much good food in general. But there has been an up side as well. I now am craving the feel-good-ness that you get when you eat real food. I can't stand the thought of fast food or junk food anymore. So, I'm back.

I plan to pick up where I left off back in the summer, and resume my water fast. I don't have a set length that I am going for. I need a victory right now, so anything longer than 3 days will make me happy.
    - Alexander Hamilton

- Thomas Paine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12