Thread: my routine for gaining weight and muscle page

Brolic Prim is offline Junior Member

my routine for gaining weight and muscle

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm 20yrs old 5'8 135lbs new to working out trying to gain weight and muscle. This is the routine i am going to be using for a month or so... i dont have access to a gym or any other equipment other than dumbbells and a pull up bar

Dumbbell Only Home Or Gym Full Body Workout | Muscle & Strength

Can anybody assess this give me your thoughts or help with any ideas i should think about changing

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Looks pretty good if all you have is dumbbells, I used to do something similar....you'll probably have the same problem I had which was running out of weight.
    I would suggest a few things not really discussed in the article.
    1) work on your form first, get it down
    2) after you have good form, up the weight until you can only do 5 reps* for 3 sets
    3) once that starts getting easy do 5 sets for 5 reps*

*this applies to the large muscle group lifts, squats, presses, shrugs etc. For smaller muscle groups use more reps; side bends, legs raises etc.

Best tips you can get for gaining muscle: Lift Heavy, Eat Big, Rest Often. (coincidentally very primal approved)

nojoke is offline Member
    Nice program, piggybacking on the above. Lift big, eat big, and have fun.

Not sure of your equipment, but working in those higher loads with yield you alot of strength 3-5 rep. As suggested, form is 1st, then add load. Maybe acquire a barbell........??

Rogue Fitness :: Strength & Conditioning Equipment they are an excellent company!

js290 is offline Senior Member

debite ful is offline Junior Member
    Weight gain is an increase in body weight. This can be either an increase in muscle mass, fat deposits, or excess fluids such as water.

Muscle gain or weight gain can occur as a result of exercise or bodybuilding, in which muscle size is increased through strength training.

If enough weight is gained by way of increased body fat deposits, one may become overweight or fat, generally defined as having more body fat (adipose tissue) than is optimally healthy.