Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Shrinkage?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Shrinkage?

    OK, anyone ever thought about why shrinkage might have been beneficial to Grok?
    I went to the pool today, it was a little chili, and I started wondering...

  2. #2
    bwahahaha!

    sorry. all these boob and menstrual threads, i shouldn't laugh at male shrinkage. it's certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

    anyway, your entire genetic future is cupped in two thin sacks of skin (more or less). shrinkage is to pull the goods in close to the body for protection against assault or low temperatures.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    bwahahaha!

    sorry. all these boob and menstrual threads, i shouldn't laugh at male shrinkage. it's certainly nothing to shake a stick at.

    anyway, your entire genetic future is cupped in two thin sacks of skin (more or less). shrinkage is to pull the goods in close to the body for protection against assault or low temperatures.
    Why couldn't mother nature just provide an on/off switch?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,823
    Sperm are highly temperature sensitive (which is also why the testicles are external--they need to be a little cooler than the internal body temp), so men's bits tend to droop or shrink up as the temperature changes in order to more effectively produce swimmers. Don't think many dudes want to try it, but icing your balls is supposed to lower sperm count so you're not as likely to produce unplanned Groklings.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Sperm are highly temperature sensitive (which is also why the testicles are external--they need to be a little cooler than the internal body temp), so men's bits tend to droop or shrink up as the temperature changes in order to more effectively produce swimmers. Don't think many dudes want to try it, but icing your balls is supposed to lower sperm count so you're not as likely to produce unplanned Groklings.

    So does sitting in a hot tub, which is infinitely more comfortable and even down right relaxing!

    But yes, you've got muscles in your scrotum to allow it to pull your testes closer when more warmth is called for, or to hang out in the breeze when they need to cool off.

    I suspect the penis, since it is so vascular, shrinks due to decreased blood flow in cold temperatures (just think of how much your fingers can shrink in the cold, and they have fewer blood vessels - I know my rings always fal right off when it gets too chilly) . . . . different method than the scrotum uses, but same results . . . and for similar reasons, don't want you twig and berries to get frost bite, now do we?
    Last edited by OutdoorAmy; 06-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"



    Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    tn
    Posts
    9,572
    i thought shrinkage was just something for people to point and laugh at
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    central FL
    Posts
    6,671
    No shrinking violets here...

    Some men also dangle the boys in hot water baths to decrease sperm production I believe...
    IMO... just go get a freaking vasectomy. It's really not that bad. Husband says it was the best decision he ever made.
    They now have the temporary 10yr reversible vasectomy that is less invasive...
    Vasectomies for everyone!
    Hell.. If I had nuts I'd do it.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.


  8. #8
    "what? you're pregnant? couldn't be mine, i dipped my balls in ice water!"

  9. #9
    that would be awesome. i think we'd have far fewer people in the world today if both men and women had on/off switches. though i don't know what that has to do with protecting balls.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    that would be awesome. i think we'd have far fewer people in the world today if both men and women had on/off switches. though i don't know what that has to do with protecting balls.
    Well what one of the other posters wrote was that it is all about keeping the sperm at the right temperature, to maximize reproductive success.

    Just another example of our genes still living in our paleo past but our minds living in the twilight zone future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •