Thread: Tendon pain with aging page

Jude Roth is offline Junior Member

Tendon pain with aging

Shop Now
    I am getting a lot of pain in both elbow and knee tendons and would like to know if anyone has experienced the same. At 50 years old it has really become a problem

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jude Roth View Post
    I am getting a lot of pain in both elbow and knee tendons and would like to know if anyone has experienced the same. At 50 years old it has really become a problem
    Joint Health | Glucosamine | Chondroitin Sulfate | MSM | DMSO

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I'll second MSM along with glucosamine and chondroitin, it's one of my go to stand bys when I'm having an exceptionally painful day. DMSO you do have to be very careful with, do your research. Anything I can taste as soon as I touch is not in my good books, but it has helped me with fibro issues. MSM is a safer choice.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jude Roth View Post
    Here's a blog post with a few suggestions. Cooling Inflammation: back pain My own experience (and that of others) with joint pain is that starch, even in small amounts, is a major contributor to inflammation. Anyone with an inflammatory condition should consider trying a starch free diet to see if it helps.

My upper back is a mess, I have an artificial disc between C6-C7 and damage in the surrounding areas. I was going to PT for a while but realized I'd been eating the occasional banana around the same time that the pain flared. My last appointment my lower back was actually seized up, the PT noticed it and told me I never had issues there. The day before I had had some LF milk in my coffee and found out that there were two thickeners in it. Ditched that and the pain went away.

Even so called "safe-starches" of the PB are an issue because it's not about anti-nutrients but inflammation. One of the hypotheses floating around that makes sense to me is that there is a bacterial element to inflammation. Google cryptic bacteria. The problem with things like tendon pain is that the recommended treatment is often NSAIDS which can cause a leaky gut which can result in a self limiting injury becoming chronic due to bacteria taking up residence at the site of the injury. Starch is a favorite food for these bacteria so if you eat it so do they. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a way to kill them, as they are quite capable of laying dormant until they get more food.

If you eat any processed food, even minimally processed, there's a good possibility that it will contain starch so you have to be particularly vigilant. Heavy cream, sour cream, soft cheeses, coconut/nut milks, all have the possibility of having starches added to them as thickeners. So yeah, a serious pain in the butt, although avoidance helps me a lot and may be an option.

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    The OPs question appears to be about tendon pain at the elbows and knees, not joint pain caused by inflamation.

I have tendon pain in my left elbow; prevents me from doing overhand pullups. However, if my palms face each other, no pain.

Google tennis elbow treatment and check out the exercises to do that will help. It's helped me.

Consider seeing a physical therapist for additional coaching if the pain persists.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    You do realize that tendon pain is caused by inflammation, right?

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    You do realize that tendon pain is caused by inflammation, right?
    Yes I do. I jumped to the conclusion that the cause of the OPs was the same as mine...inflamation due to exercise, not diet. The specialized exercises I found when I googled tennis elbow have really made a difference for me. I am well on my way to curing my tendon pain.

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    I'm 60, was taking statins and had a lot of tendon pain (knee, archille's, etc)

Started PB and tossed the statins. NO MORE TENDON PAIN.
    Whichever is responsible, I'm grateful!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    How is your vitamin D3 level? Most of my tendon pain went away when I got my D3 levels to the upper half of normal using a good quality oil based D3 supplement.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Jude Roth is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone. I was not sure if there is some kind of condition that would cause pain in the tendons. Maybe the D3 deficiency is the problem. I do not currently take any vitamin supplements.