Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fastest way to a heart-attack? page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

fastest way to a heart-attack?

Went to a restaurant tonight, and asked what oil the food was fried in. Soy-bean was the answer. ich!

When I said I preferred animal fat, the waiter looked at me as through I was mad, and said it was the fastest way to a heart attack.

I'm so fed up of the perception (one I held myself not so long ago!) that animal fat is the cause of heart attacks!

What food or foods do you think are the fastest way to a heart attack?

(I'm thinking doughnuts or vegetable oils...?)
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Grass-fed beef.

Really, what are you expecting? This will be nothing more than a preaching-to-the-choir thread.

Grains and soy sure are bad! Yuh huh yup yup yup!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

peril is offline Senior Member
    I guess there are genetic influences so the path will vary.

My youngest brother had a heart attack at 46 after more than a decade of very high stress, crap diet, excessive drinking, smoking and pot

I had a heart attack at 50 after three decades of low sugar, minimal vegetable oils but high wheat consumption

My other two brothers are now 53 and 56 and have had no cardiovascular event. The older one is celiac.

Don't think there is anything conclusive in this but avoiding wheat seems precautionary
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Fastest way? Prescription medications. My father and aunt both died from cardiac arrythmia brought on by lethal rx cocktails and/or overdosage. My father was administered a week's worth of methadone to wean him off of Demerol. His liver enlarged and all of his organs began shutting down systematically. And he was only in the hospital for a herniated disk. After the series of bad medicines, he died 2 years later from heart failure at the age of 41; my aunt age 49.

I think Americans can put many prescription drugs above wheat and vegetable oils as hazardous to health. They kill thousands more a year than illicit drugs.
    Last edited by j3nn; 06-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Fastest way? Prescription medications. My father and aunt both died from cardiac arithmia brought on by lethal rx cocktails and/or overdosage. My father was administered a week's worth of methadone to wean him off of Demerol. His liver enlarged and all of his organs began shutting down systematically. And he was only in the hospital for a herniated disk. After the series of bad medicines, he died 2 years later from heart failure at the age of 41; my aunt age 49.

I think Americans can put many prescription drugs above wheat and vegetable oils as hazardous to health. They kill thousands more a year than illicit drugs.
    This, for sure. I've known healthy teens that have had their heart stopped with prescription meds.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    The fastest way is consuming anything that causes massive amounts of inflammation in your body. Everyone's mileage will vary.

Derp

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    fastest way? electric shock
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    fastest way? electric shock
    damn you bloodorchid, I was going to suggest a chain saw to open up the chest then attack at will, but electricty travels at pretty much light speed so that's faster, and I can't even be cross coz you made me laugh
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Fastest way? Prescription medications.
    ^

This, this, this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast