Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Longterm side effects of barefoot walking? page

Longterm side effects of barefoot walking?

Primal Fuel
    And by barefoot I mean BARE-FOOT, I've taken a liking to the full barefoot march, the only time I wear shoes is to go into stores(even then if I could get away without I would. I've been warned by my girlfriends mother that long term effect can include some damage to my feet, true/false?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    are calluses dangerous?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Concrete Indian View Post
    And by barefoot I mean BARE-FOOT, I've taken a liking to the full barefoot march, the only time I wear shoes is to go into stores(even then if I could get away without I would. I've been warned by my girlfriends mother that long term effect can include some damage to my feet, true/false?
    False

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    are calluses dangerous?
    I'm not sure-Only my hands calus, and that's become a near permanent thing since I've been nearly daily trying to get my 290 lbs self to do one freakin pull up I have had people look at me funny while walking but I haven't noticed anything bad with my feet, in fact they've become a LOT less sensitive(As an autistic with hyper sensitivity I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to have someone run a finger across the bottom of my foot and not want to kick them involuntarilly)

ZocBarefoot is offline Junior Member
    Being too awesome?

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    This is something I've been wondering about too. It's not as if all my walking is on grass, sand or dirt. I'm barefooting on hardwood (at home) and concrete sidewalks (around the neighborhood). I totally get - barefoot is traditionally better, but we're not just on traditional (natural) surfaces all the time either.
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

pjgh is online now Senior Member
    Baked mud can be as hard as concrete. Scorching sand like tarmac. I wouldn't worry about modern surfaces. As for long term damage ... false! If anything, you'll avoid long term damage by walking properly without any form of shoe deflecting or deforming your gait.

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Concrete Indian View Post
    Other than hot surfaces/sharp objects I wouldn't worry about it too much. Honestly I'm convinced that my work shoes are far worse for my feet than going barefoot would be.

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    I must admit, I'm still a bit skeptical. Though honestly, even if I was fully convinced, I live in Chicago. There's broken glass and who knows what all over the place. The only person I've ever known to walk barefoot around here also impaled their foot on glass once and almost lost a toe.

But would like to continue reading and researching. Anybody have any good links about barefooting & health?
    My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

My town is basically a town of drunks, stoners and thieves, so I hear you on the sharp things bit. But I tend to steer clear of known trouble spots. So essentially if I watch my footing it shouldn't be a problem short of really sharp rocks(Which suck btw)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast