Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if you don't have a gall bladder? page

jtrippdc is offline Junior Member

What if you don't have a gall bladder?

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong thread... I'm a newbie to the site... So I convinced my cousin to go primal! She is doing great so far, and she has already lost 10 pounds. She asked me today if it was alright for her to do a high fat diet since she had her gall bladder removed due to gall stones a couple of years ago. She was told after the surgery not to consume too much fatty foods. Obviously a big plate of french fries and fried chicken is a different story than some avocado and grassfed beef, but I was just curious as to what you think about this! She also asked me how many eggs is too many. Any help would be appreciated!

patski is offline Senior Member
    I experienced nausea, bloating and gas eating Primal after I had my gallbladder removed.

Taking digestive enzymes helped tremendously.

Eventually, the body will adapt. I would also recommend a high quality probiotic before meals.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

EggbertHeadleton is offline Junior Member
    Robb Wolf has talked about this a fair amount. My memory is that he suggests digestive enzymes (NOW super enzymes) and ox bile (?) supplementation with every meal.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    There a few threads on this if you feel like searching. Overall, it seems like most people do just fine with lots of primal fats. There are a few that need a little support, but most do fine.

I have a sluggish gallbladder that does not empty well. Primal eating has dramatically improved my symptoms.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Ncgirl is offline Junior Member
    I don't have a gall bladder and my digestive issues are much less eating primally.

orielwen is offline Senior Member

Petra is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orielwen View Post
    That was insightful. Thanks!

7 years ago my gall bladder was expired and taken out in a hurry.
    For any one who is interested. For me IF does not work to lose weight. Tried for 5 weeks eating 1 decent primal meal a day, nothing shredded!
    I'm not sure what does work, but when I find the secret ingredient, I'll post it.

Take care,
    Petra

jtrippdc is offline Junior Member
    Thanks so much for the tips everyone! Just wanted to give a quick update. She is sticking with it, and feeling good so far. 23 pounds lost to date! I might have her give the digestive enzymes a try either way! Thanks for the replies!

johnydepp is offline Junior Member
    my friend`s gall bladder infected last month , but thank GOD he was operated at right time. Now he is perfect and playing with me soccer. and he is enjoying with his gf too ... haha ... So hurry up consult with a good doctor .

ellacofino is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When the gallbladder is removed, bile made by the liver can no longer be stored between meals. Instead, the bile flows directly into the intestine anytime the liver produces it. Thus, there still is bile in the intestine to mix with food and fat. It is true that there is not as much bile, but there is enough to allow the digestion and transfer of fat. People who have had their gallbladders removed do not need to limit the fat in their diet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast