Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here eat EXCESS amounts of RED MEAT? page

acousticfoodie is offline Junior Member

Does anyone here eat EXCESS amounts of RED MEAT?

Just curious if anyone here eats red meat almost everyday for breakfast lunch and dinner and if so, any problems?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I go in spurts where I eat nothing but red meat for lunch and dinner - I usually fast for breakfast. Red meat makes me feel the best, so I eat it as much as possible. I've been doing this almost 2 years now and have had no problems.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    I usually have some kind of red meat every day. It's worked out well so far.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    No such thing as "Excess" red meat. Its a greatly nutritious food with its own built in satiety mechanisms. My meat is mostly 75/25 ....which leads to an awesome ratio of fat to protein. I will say a bit of variety (seafood) would do some good, but otherwise its all good. If you only ate cow, lamb, fish, and bivalves....you would not be hurting for chicken, pork, or any other "white" meat. In fact narrow that list down to just cow or lamb if your eating nose to tail....no worries.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I've never not felt good after eating irresponsible amounts of steak and ground beef. Can't say the same for pork or poultry.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I have half a cow in my freezer right now, so yes, I eat red meat at least once a day, sometimes twice since I usually eat leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day. I also have some venison on hand at the moment--yum! I feel great.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    I probably qualify if you define "excessive" by what most people think excessive is.

I eat around 2.2 lbs of beef a day in 1 meal (1 meal, dinner, is all I eat a day) . Mostly ribeye from New Zealand grassfed cows. I can't eat breakfast or lunch cos that beef keeps me full for around 24 hours.

Problems? Maybe sometimes it's a bit hard to plan dinners with other people because of the amount of food I require, but it's mostly great cos I feel full satisfied all the time and can't get fat anymore (huge deal cos I was a lifelong fatty until I found out how to eat properly).

SteakNchop is offline Senior Member
    Excess red meat? Red meat is the healthiest food in the world for you. It's practically the only food that a human can eat as their entire diet and thrive on for a long period of time. Excess red meat? If you're eating 8 lbs. of lean red meat a day we may have a few issues, but generally you should have absolutely no worries.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I quarrel with the word "excess", too. By whose standards? I have been working on a 2.5lb chuck roast, a pound of beef liverwurst, a pound of beef liver, a pound of hamburger and a pound of ribeye over the past 7 days. I won't have all of that eaten by the end of the day, but almost all of it. I'm a 47-year-old 5'3" woman with a desk job. Is that an excessive amount of beef? Oh, and during this time I've eaten about half an onion, a pound of mushrooms, a stalk of broccoli, a carrot, some cilantro, a couple lettuce leaves and a few slices of bell pepper. CW is spinning in its grave.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I once got meat sweats from a mixed grill, that was pre primal, but even now I think I'd stuggle even if I hadn't eaten for 20 hours. It had lamb chop, pork chop, steak, chicken breast, gammon, black pudding, liver and a cumberland sausage ring, along with eggs, mushrooms, onion rings, chips, (or Fries ) griled tomato, and of course, the staple of all UK pub meals, some peas ;D

Best thing I have ever been served when eating out
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast