Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Ground Beef page

runningforme is offline Junior Member

Cheap Ground Beef

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone! Been primal 6 days now! I went shopping the other day as I was intent on getting some primal food in the house. I went out and got some ground beef from the store and thinking that the fatter the better, I got the 73/27 cut of ground beef. Got home and discovered later that if you buy conventional meat, you're supposed to go lean. Oops. At the moment, I can not get grass fed meat right away. I have some disposable cash, but not much. My question is, is it alright for me to eat/finish off the meat I have until I can get some grass fed? How many times a week can I eat it without causing adverse side effects? I'm trying to eat fish every day or other day too, but I am still worried about Omega 6 and all the gross hormones in the beef. Will it harm me if I eat it just for the next month or so?

Also I have had diarrhea since day two of going primal and feel a little groggy/sick. Just low-carb flu?

Thanks so much!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'd just eat it since you have it and make the better choice next time, now that you know. Considering what we all grew up eating, an extra month of letting a little weirdness into your meat is nothing in the long haul.

Diarrhea? What exactly are you eating?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Thanks!

Most days I'm eating 5 eggs, lots of veggies and fruit, 2-3 servings of nuts (still working on cutting this down), 1-2TBS olive oil, 6-8oz fish (tilapia, tuna, or salmon), and whey protein. Only changes are no grains or beans (did have quinoa twice this week), less nuts and added in olive oil and fish.

Sounds like you're pretty well dialed in! Have you considered making tallow? It's my favorite fat. So heat stable, and stores for months after rendering.

Tilapia is usually garbage, corn-fed and stanky, farm-raised sickly fish. I have not seen much wild tilapia around... For fish, I like small, oily fish that are low in pollutants and high in omega-3, fish like mackerel, sardines, etc. Wild pink salmon is also very abundant and very affordable.

Yeah, I relied heavily on nuts at first. Now I just have a small bag of bulk nuts once a week.

Eating the whey protein to avoid eating red meat?

Not sure why you'd be getting the runs from that menu, maybe your olive oil is fake?

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Mmm love wild salmon. I'll stock up on that more! I've been having the whey protein right after lifting heavy weights, but I think now that I have more meat, I'll cut it out. Any well to tell if it's fake?

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Of course go ahead and eat it. You were probably eating the same or worse until last week and you lived to tell about it

Make the best choices you can with the budget and resources available. Cutting out industrial seed oils and soy, and foods that contain them, is going to make a far bigger impact than the meat you buy.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Thank you! I actually wasn't really eating any meat before this. Maybe fish 1-2 times a week and red meat maybe once a month. I was eating tons of grains and beans though (like 6-8 servings of grains and 2-3 servings of beans a day). Maybe the cause of my sick stomach is introducing more meat and a lot more fat?

awm8604 is offline Member
    You get what you pay for. Find a good source for grass-fed beef at Eatwild.com

Maybe the cause of my sick stomach is introducing more meat and a lot more fat?
    If you're saying that you instantly surprised your system by cutting out beans and grains and added fat, then yes - you will have the runs. You can either keep the runs for a week or two, or introduce fats more gradually. I went the gradual route and spent much less time on the toilet that way. Took my body quite awhile to actually learn how to digest that much fat at once, though. I think longer than a month.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Try eliminating eggs for a few days to see if your GI troubles ease up. Egg intolerance is not that uncommon.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast