Thread: BP Exercise - Avoiding Elbows page

joggingjohn is offline Junior Member

BP Exercise - Avoiding Elbows

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

This is actually my first post, I will do a proper introduction once I get into it but here is my first question (of many!)

I have recently noticed a bit of an issue with both of my elbows. I have a subluxing ulnar nerve bilaterally - I believe it's congenital so no amount of eating adjustment will fix this! My bone just isn't big enough to stop my ulnar nerve popping out when I flex my arm.

Do you think it's possible to do a BP regime without my elbows having much work? I assume it will have a lot of sprinting based exercise?

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    See an M.D. (Ortho) first, AFAIK it's correctable only with surgery, also having it bilaterally would be extremely rare. You don't want to start lifting heavy objects (I assume BP is bench press) with a pre-existing injury/condition.

joggingjohn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    See an M.D. (Ortho) first, AFAIK it's correctable only with surgery, also having it bilaterally would be extremely rare. You don't want to start lifting heavy objects (I assume BP is bench press) with a pre-existing injury/condition.
    I've booked an appointment with my GP to get this diagnosed initially and then discuss further steps. Some people have reported improvements with physiotherapy, but I really can't see what muscle could be developed to keep that thing from flicking out! It's a skeletal issue (i.e. the cubital tunnel isn't deep enough). So it would seem the only option is surgery and for the time being avoid arm based training.

And maybe I should have been more explicit, but I meant BP = blue print (I thought it was a used abbreviation here?)

Many thanks for your reply.

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    I believe PBF is the preferred acronym, but I am new to this forum. But caution would be prudent in your situation.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Is strapping (to prevent it flexing to the angle needed to pop out) possible - might it help?
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook