Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post-IF-issues page

Comma is offline Senior Member

Post-IF-issues

Shop Now
    I really like to skip breakfast these days. I have some cream in my coffee, and that's it until noon. I feel happy and am even-tempered. Then I have lunch, like today beef with greens, a few blueberries and my cup of kefir or so. Maybe another cup of coffee and a pice of fruit for desert. And then I BLOAT up like crazy, and my mood drops dramatically down to annoyed with all, and I'm tired. Then I go and stuff my face (primal, but still,I'm not hungry) because I'm a horrible stress eater. I think I had the same thing after breakfast when I still ate some. It's like food makes me feel bad...what gives? I don't even want to eat anymore, I seem much happier fasting.

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Could be the fruit? I've cut way down, some strawberries or blueberries once a week, and I haven't missed it.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Alternatively, try eating the fruit alone instead of adding to a stomach full of meat and veggies. I have found I digest fruit better when eaten alone.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Fruit's great and all, but for me, it's like crack. With chocolate, I have no problem controlling my portions, but fruit always sets me up for a binge-fest. Also, if I eat it after a meal, I usually get bloated and feel sick to my stomach. So, yeah, what knifegill said; if you're going to eat fruit, it is alone.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comma View Post
    ...I have lunch, like today beef with greens, a few blueberries and my cup of kefir or so. Maybe another cup of coffee and a pice of fruit for desert. And then I BLOAT up like crazy...
    Remove a single item from the equation each day until you single out what it causing the symptoms...

No problem- it's only a small handful of berries anyway, I can easily not have any. Think insulin puts me in a foul mood? Whoa.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I don't think it's the fruit causing that large of an insulin spike, especially if you're eating it with other foods. Maybe you just ate too much in volume in general. The bloat could be the fruit left undigested since you ate it after your protein-heavy meal, the vegetable you ate (is it cruciferous?), or it could also be attributed to the extra cup of coffee. Is it the same kind of coffee you drink in the morning?

Yes, same coffee. It wasn't that big a meal- maybe 4 oz of meat, a handful of kale (yep), red beet, and mustard greens, maybe 10 blueberries, cup of well-fermented kefir. I can eat a lot more than that.

Doesn't anybody else feel mad yet tired after they eat??

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    When I re-feed after a long fast (24 hours or more) I like to get a variety. I usually include sweet potatoes and/or spaghetti squash as I love both. I tend to eat them with butter, some sort of protein (I like white fish or grass-fed beef with the squash) and tend to finish it with dark chocolate. I also have sparkling water with lemon. I tend to also include broccoli, spinach or brussel sprouts, although these are staples in almost every meal I have. Needless to say, it's a lot of food, a good portion of protein, fat and carbohydrate. I'm sure the "digestion" is not ideal with such a large meal and all three macros, and I tend to feel a little bloated. However, I also like to plan the re-feeds for a time when I have some relaxing time at home, not planning any substantial activity for at least 8-12 hours and able to rest and digest. After a meal like this, in no way, shape or form do I want to really do much. There have been a few times when I've had something to do and had to go out feeling full and bloated. It's not pleasant, so I avoid it and use smarter timing. If not, it definitely contributes to a sour mood.

Maybe this doesn't answer your question, but maybe just planning the timing a bit better and not letting it kill your mood would be good. The food you're eating is fine and after a fast, the body probably wants/needs it. The biggest contributor to stress after a meal is going to be inhibited digest, and the best way to interrupt digestion? Stress...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Remove a single item from the equation each day until you single out what it causing the symptoms...
    This. It could easily be the kefir.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast