Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official euro 2012 thread page

Official euro 2012 thread

Shop Now
    Refs are playing for Poland in this one! Utter shit, man!

Ajmo Hrvatska!@!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT CRAZY GAME THE SUBSTITUTE KEEPER SAVED THE PK!!!

BOTH TEAMS WITH 10 MEN!

Turn this shit on!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Great game, I know. Gotta love the Euros!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Great game, I know. Gotta love the Euros!
    Amazing game.

Euro > World Cup, because this is the cream of the crop. In World Cup you have the weak nations because they are required to be there. But in Euro, it's all quality, from 1 to 16.

I don't think the Czechs think that now...LOL! But i would agree about the quality. Tomorrow/Sundays games are gonna be great to watch. As a Yank who grew up watching "Soccer made in Germany", I'm with the Germans! Game on!

C'MON Denmark!!!!!!!!!!!! Dutch are pulling their typical stunts. Lots o posession/opportunity, and zero results!

First upset...who's next?

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Oops...thought this thread was a discussion of international currencies.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

C'MON Denmark!!!!!!!!!!!! Dutch are pulling their typical stunts. Lots o posession/opportunity, and zero results!
    I thought the Dutch would score 5 on them after that start, but when Robben hit the post I knew it was not their day. That's football. Denmark played a controlled game, solid soccer. Looking back, Netherlands just seemed reckless. I can't believe RVP, Robben and Sneijder couldn't put a goal up but I think they can still come out of the group, just too much talent.

I'm rooting for the Danes!

Germany game was awesome!! Terrible mistake by the ref cost them a goal; should have played the continuation but the jerkoff brought it back for a free-kick. Ridiculous. They deserved the game and looked like a much better team but Portugal threatened at the end. Portugal is dangerous because of its individual talent but can't match Germany as a team. German soccer is fucking beautiful. I root for them almost as hard as for Croatia. Much respect.

Croatia needs to come out tomorrow and step on Ireland's throat early. I'm sleeping in my jersey for good luck. The Croats are talented and pretty much all in their prime, but the psychology of my people scares me. A bad start could derail them and that could be our second upset. On the other hand, if they come out with resolve and play their game, this game should be the gimme; I pray for Croatia 2-0. Looking forward to see what Modric does, this could be a huge tournament for him ($$$). Also Kranjcar should come out with something to prove after being buried on Harry's bench all year. Niko is quality and I expect a lot from him.

Italy has never beaten us, so I am afraid of that match too, but Italy doesn't have its strongest team and I think Spain will handle them tomorrow.

Spain Italy should be a good game but I'm definitely not looking forward to all the diving . Spain 3 Italy 1.

Also, major props to the officials in the Denmark Netherlands game for letting them play; very few fouls called. But the players were also clean and not prone to flopping. Clean game, good football.

So far, tournament is a blast, can't wait for tomorrow!!!!
    Last edited by The Return of Dado; 06-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    I don't think the Czechs think that now...LOL! But i would agree about the quality. Tomorrow/Sundays games are gonna be great to watch. As a Yank who grew up watching "Soccer made in Germany", I'm with the Germans! Game on!
    Almost forgot about "Soccer Made in Germany". That show may have been one of the things that propelled me to study Germany as long as I did, a vintage clip . . . Soccer Made in Germany - YouTube

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast