Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official euro 2012 thread page 5

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Great save by Buffon.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    Watching Italy too!! Agreeing with your 2-0. Feeling another goal coming!
    Awesome. ^ 5.

ETA: Italy won 2-0. Woop woop!
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 06-18-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: ETA
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    Good predictions other bunny! One can always hope, but i also filled 2-0 if i remember well (it is fairly common in the netherlands to do a pool with both friends and colleagues, usually everyone puts in 1-5 and earning extra points for some queery predictions. Puts a nice atmosphere on the work floor, finally beating that harsh manager etc.

Now on to group D: Ukraine will do its utter best to reach the quarter finals, but with one point shortage on France & England they have to win. Rooney is back in the game for the English, hope he doesn't ruin it!

Ooh good call to you halfbunny too. He he.

Are you based in France?

England certainly had a lucky draw against Ukraine and Moldova. And something tells me they got lucky against Sweden.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Good predictions so far!!!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Another day done. Spain and Italy move on, no real surprise there. I would have hoped Ireland would have gone out a better, but that's futbol. Spain are Spain. Hard to create many chances when you don't have a lot of possession. Sorry Dado:-(

Tomorrow locks up Group D. Sweden v France and England v Ukraine. All but Sweden have something to play for. Predictions? France 3-1 over the Swedes as their attack is starting to get stronger and Sweden can't seem to defend. England 2-0 over Ukraine. England have good momentum on their side, especially after their win over Sweden. Enjoy everyone, and lets keep the chatter alive!!! SG out

OMG! England came top out of their group. This is very unfamiliar territory.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Congrats on the win:-) Lots of chances in this game, and could have gone either way. France tanked when they needed to shine. Good on the Swedes for going out in style.

Now its quarterfinals time. This is exciting stuff, and will be interesting to see how it unfolds. I still have to think that Sapin and Germany are the favorites (based on group play anyway), but as anyone who follows the game knows, this is tournament play, and we can never count the Italians out (as much as it pains me to say that;-). Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Predictions:

Czech Republic v Portugal: 1-2 Portugal are too strong/fast for the Czechs, and have many more scoring threats.

Germany v Greece: 3-0 Nuff said on this one, as the Germans are solid from top to bottom, and Greece have very little scoring threat.

Spain v France: 2-0 Sorry, but Spain are just a class above and will frustrate France to no end.

England v Italy: 1-1 (England win on PKs and break curse:-) England will give up a goal, as their defense has been suspect, but will get one back through Rooney. PKs will finally go in their favor.

Get your rest day in, and see you all Thursday:-) SG out

Vanbiesbrouck is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Indeed. Still point out to my ManUtd co-worker now & again the back page of the Sun in December '09 when the WC'10 group was announced: E-A-S-Y (England, Algeria, Slovenia, Yanks). And we all know what happened, England blows it, U-S-A wins the group. My friends today were pulling for England to bottle it & go out, but I was hoping that they'd win & get Italy, setting it up for a 3-0 loss to Italy on a Ballotelli hat trick, which would give us 9 months of great angst in Manchester on his return to City for the upcoming season. Really, it's worth it for his potential T-shirts alone.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post

Czech Republic v Portugal: 1-2 Portugal are too strong/fast for the Czechs, and have many more scoring threats.

Germany v Greece: 3-0 Nuff said on this one, as the Germans are solid from top to bottom, and Greece have very little scoring threat.

Spain v France: 2-0 Sorry, but Spain are just a class above and will frustrate France to no end.

England v Italy: 1-1 (England win on PKs and break curse:-) England will give up a goal, as their defense has been suspect, but will get one back through Rooney. PKs will finally go in their favor.

Get your rest day in, and see you all Thursday:-) SG out
    Was going to say that you were picking chalk until that last one. Yikes, if England wins on PKs, the island will explode & sink into the Atlantic (whether that's a bad thing we can leave for another thread). That said, I like Hodgson, he was a good man @ Fulham (poor fit @ Liverpool), and if they could beat the eye-ties & lose to Spain, that would be a good tournament, especially since he had the job for a whole 3 weeks before it started.

Germany-Portugal could be a good game, but right now this tournament seems Germany's to lose. Quality though Spain are, I think their lack of an effective striker (to Germany's 3) will come back to haunt them. Spain can pass you silly in the midfield, but, it's all for naught if Torres can't finish. Still expect them to make the final, but, wouldn't entirely be surprised if Italy did beat them to make the final.
    Last edited by Vanbiesbrouck; 06-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    UEFA jobbed us because we're not deracinated pansies like the English and French.

Two penalties and that Spain goal was offside.

And we still balled them. Fuck outta here with the tiki-taka, CROATIA FOREVER.

It's because we burned an (rightfully so) EU flag and paraded pics of Gotovina.

F*** UEFA.

If we put 10 Africans on our team maybe they would let us go through.
    Futbol. "Love it, and hate it. You can do both" :-) I'm in for life!!!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast