Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you miss bread page 2

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalCPH View Post
    Off course you shouldn't eat the entire bread at once but having a slice a day won't kill you, I am well aware of the 6:3 ratio
    I still prefer real (homemade) bread. One slice per day of it does not hurt either.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    what up with the smarmy comments on this forum? what a downer. some of us want a bread recipe, some don't.

"I think that bread needs more PUFAs.

No, I don't. I'm being sarcastic. "

"seriously, this stuff is junk!"

great job encouraging your brothers and sisters on their primal journey.
    no, wait, i'm being sarcastic.
    Ok, I'm with you with having problems with disparaging comments. But there's nothing primal about baking nuts into a rancid form of 'bread'. If you want bread, eat rye or sourdough!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Tapioca flour bread bitches.

No gluten, virtually no plant protein, no need to ferment (although I wonder...), no PUFAs, a fraction of the calories of any nut/flax/coconut-based bread.

Suck it.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

kmodell is offline Member
    LOL - agreed!

PrimalCPH is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Ok, I'm with you with having problems with disparaging comments. But there's nothing primal about baking nuts into a rancid form of 'bread'. If you want bread, eat rye or sourdough!
    How can this "bread" be less primal than all the 5000 cake recipies already on this forum? All the ingredients are primal so how can it be less primal just because I mix them together?
    Sorry but don't get your way of thinking

And no I won't eat normal bread instead because I don't want the gluten and all the other crap in it

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Anyone have a decent gluten free flat bread? Like a naan bread.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalCPH View Post
    How can this "bread" be less primal than all the 5000 cake recipies already on this forum? All the ingredients are primal so how can it be less primal just because I mix them together?
    Sorry but don't get your way of thinking

And no I won't eat normal bread instead because I don't want the gluten and all the other crap in it
    I don't agree with the numerous cake recipes in here, either. But hey - it's your body. Eat what you want.

Heating any nut oxidizes the fat, making it unstable, rancid and highly inflammatory. It's why you don't cook with olive oil at high temperatures.

It's probably far worse than gluten, not to mention the sheer volume of calories you'd be consuming. Mark has an article posted about cooking with almond flour:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/are-n...#axzz1zZBrGi2y

Sourdough bread is fermented, which means the phytic acid has been lessened, making it easier to digest.

Do some reading. This is your body. Now own it.
    Last edited by patski; 07-03-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

garod82 is offline Senior Member
    Here, here on the Tapioca flour! You can make some great things with it. Although In my opinion primal bread is just as hard to digest and break down as regular bread. Don't get me wrong it's fun to bake primal treats every ONCE IN A WHILE but in reality for best results stick to Meat, fruit and veggies. A baked sweet potato topped with chicken and a scoop of sour cream is a great way to eat some carbs. Again in my opinion.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Anyone have a decent gluten free flat bread? Like a naan bread.
    Tapioca flour. Just take a pao de queijo recipe and fry it up like a pancake instead
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    I think that bread needs more PUFAs.

No, I don't. I'm being sarcastic.
    Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    So then laugh at him in your head and move on. Gawdamn.
    Also... the PUFAs are coming the PUFAs are coming!?

Chill folks. Personal decisions.
    A slice or two now and then is not the end of the worlds even if it is made from cooked nut flour.

Some people seem to receive different treatment than others when they post these types of recipes. Certain people are left alone or get only positive comments... others get mauled. What is up with that?
    Last edited by cori93437; 07-03-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast