Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cravings for bread

cravings for bread

Shop Now
    I have cut out grains for about two weeks now but it is bread I have a huge issue with, I don't miss pasta, rice or cereals but bread is killing me. My hubby has toast and the smell drives me insane. I haven't given in yet but has anyone got any ideas to help? I did give in to an ice cream and a couple (about 10) chips last week but nothing since.

Just try and hold off it for a few more weeks, then like me, you won't even want to go near that bland crap.

Oh I hope so! I used to eat a really seedy loaf from greggs so it was quite tasty. When you have soup what do you have with it, if anything?

I don't usually have soup, I'd just eat it alone if I did though, maybe make it thicker?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    My hubby has toast and the smell drives me insane. I haven't given in yet but has anyone got any ideas to help? I did give in to an ice cream and a couple (about 10) chips last week but nothing since.
    If you enjoy eating bread then why are you torturing yourself? Have a few pieces and be happy!

Have more ice cream, go buy some good quality Hagen Daaz. Do *not* give in to a craving for bread.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Have more ice cream, go buy some good quality Hagen Daaz. Do *not* give in to a craving for bread.
    Please feel free to elaborate on the logic behind your definitive stance...

I say have a piece of bread if that's what you really want. Try sprouted grain like Ezekiel, it has a lower effect on blood sugar and less gluten

Seriously, go run a lap.

Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    Please feel free to elaborate on the logic behind your definitive stance...

Shop Now
    If you can, don't give in. For me, it bloats and triggers strong sugar cravings in a way ice cream or sugar does not. However, get some distance from bread- a couple of months, then try a small piece and if you are lucky it will taste like an old sponge and you'll never want it again.