Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Primal Summer Survival Plan (Primal-JoJo) page 9

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 27

Sunbathing, check. Supplements, check.

Fitness: Rock climbing!

Breakfast: ground meat, zucchini, red pepper, carrot, avocado 3 egg omelet.

Lunch: Tomato soup with some noodles, caved and had some they looked good and I just got back from rock climbing. I didn't have too much.

Dinner: Another primal creation everyone loved, taco salad. Lettuce, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, avocado, ground meat (with a bit of eggs to up the protein), a bit of cheddar cheese. I had a peice of dark chocolate and coconut oil to finish off.

Then me and my BF went to see a cute movie called Moonrise Kingdom. Had a bit of a walk around town while we had some beverages afterwards....

Beverage: London fog

Day 28

Pretty crappy day. One those were everything that could go wrong goes wrong. Hit bottom. But now that I look back, I'm glad I did. I feel a lot better now. My mom and grandma were really understanding, and that helped a lot.

Sunbathed, but forgot my supplements today.

Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in butter.

Snack: Watermelon

Dinner (if you wanna call it that): few bites of veggies fish and rice, few bites of potatoes. The fish I made unfortunately tasted gross to me. I'd never had sole before, and I steamed with with veggies and just found it gross. So I didn't finish eating it.

Snack: Apple pie smoothie.

Evening snacks: Tiny bit of ground meat, 2 pieces of salami, some cottage cheese with green onions, and camomile tea with honey and cream.
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Weekly Recap 4

The 20%: 2 pieces of homemade poppyseed cake; split pea soup; tea with white sugar; lots of tortilla chips the one night (at least... like 30?? I dunno didn't count); 1.5 super sugary chocolates; probably more mayo that is usually acceptable to my normal 20%; 2 bites garlic cheese bread; few sips of Dr Pepper; a tiny bit of noodles in my tomato soup; London fog (probably had more sugar than i would have liked)

Felt like I was losing some of my resolve this week. I mean, I DID avoid A LOT of bad stuff AS WELL, but it just felt like my hardest week. I think mostly I was just at a super low emotionally, which makes everything seem that much harder. I basically have one more week left. Kind of. Then I'm going camping and I'll be back for a few more days. But I'll figure that out later.

I'm just really tired. These last few weeks have felt like I'm on a diet and I hate it. Primal has never been a diet to me. But in these circumstances that's exactly what it feels like. I give a serious kudos to those out there that can do primal while being surrounded by people who are not primal. It is hard, and it sucks. I feel deprived and bitchy, and that's not how I normally feel. Primal's always made me feel completely satisfied and full of abundance, right now I feel the opposite: it's turning me into a monster.

But the problem is, I'm not willing to stop being primal. So I'm just sort of stuck.

Okay I should stop being such a baby, and just get over it. One more week. Then fun times camping. Also fun times coming up tomorrow - going to a winery for a girls' day out. I just need to forget last week and start again and readjust my attitude. I'm not sure how I'm going to do this... hopefully having a fun day out will help tomorrow.

Sorry, I really hate being such a downer. I will try my hardest to be more positive this week.

Current Primal Journal

Day 29

No sunbathing today, but remembered the supplements: omega 3x3, and B12.

Fitness: The uze (is that how one would spell the short form of usual?? lol) Feeling kinda weak lately. But I managed to do my full work out this time, no skimping. 100 squats at 3mins. Lunges, ab wheels, dips, pushups, wall sits w/ bicep curls.

Brunch: Potato with lots of butter; 2 eggs fried in butter, some pork loin.

Dinner: Roast beef with onions and some potatoes. Small coffee with honey and cream.

Went out to the neighbour's place for their little kid's birthday. Bad food choices were made...

Fresh mint tea with a bit of sugar. A few bites of birthday cake. It sucked so I didn't eat it. So *POINT JOANNA* here. Even though it sucked part of me really wanted to eat it, but I resisted. Weird how we want to eat crap even when we don't like it. I held out and ate some real food. A few pieces of polish kabanos pepperette thingy, then 2 hard boiled eggs with mayo, or maybe 1.5. Don't remember. Had a shot of vodka - only one, figured I was due lol. Had a black tea with a bit of sugar. And then came the big win for the potato chips sitting right beside me. I resisted for so long. But once I started I couldn't stop. Truly my kryptonite. Had about a small bowl. *5 POINTS FOR THE POTATO CHIPS AS THEY TAKE THE GAME* Anywho, I guess I got that out of my system. I think I just miss having a guilt free 20%... since ALL my 20% used to be guilt free, where as now all of it is constrained since I don't want to go over board in the long run.

Now I feel... well not great. But basically, how I used to feel every day last year on any given normal day.

Current Primal Journal

ecks is offline Senior Member
    vodka? At a kids birthday?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    vodka? At a kids birthday?
    Lol that's how Polish people roll. (Obviously children were not consuming said booze, and there were no kids other than the neighbours kids there... so not really a kids party - just a get together prompted by the bday)
    Last edited by Primal-JoJo; 07-09-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Current Primal Journal

Day 30

Breakfast: Some roast beef. 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon.

Supplements: B12 and omega 3x3.

No sunbathing today - trip to Niagara and wine tour day. Fitness, got a bit of casual walking in the day, about 2-3 hours ish.

After this the day ceased to be primal. But was fun and I enjoyed it. It felt like my normal life, where the 20% just happens and I enjoy it instead of trying to avoid it.

Wine tour: This was super fun and informative. I learned a lot about wine! At the end we had a wine tasting, 4 types of wine paired with chocolate and cheese. And then he gave us an extra 5th wine to taste. An estimated 2 glasses of wine were consumed - had a nice buzz going

Dinner: Spaghetti. Sadly disappointing. Homemade sauce, but not as good as usual. Dunno why. Had more meat than noodles. But was left kind of hungry

Dessert: 2 scoops of icecream with strawberries.

Evening: Double double pumpkin spice tea from Timmy's. Got home and was hungry so I had a few pieces of salami, and then gave up and passed out.

Current Primal Journal

Day 31

Back to primal today. A pretty satisfying day actually.

Brunch: Finally tried those oopsie rolls suggested by metric. Not sure how I feel about them. They were good, but really fluffy and sort of fall apart-y. Reminded me of wonderbread a bit, lol which I never considered real bread anyways. I think I prefer the recipe I have for coconut flour biscuits. But mostly I just don't care as much any more. Anyways I had an egg sandwich with the rolls with bacon and onions and cheese. Super filling

Supplements: B12 and omega 3x3.

Fitness: Bike sprints.

Dinner: Ribs!! With primal BBQ sauce! Yummy salad with lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, garlic, green onions, dill, sour cream and mayo. And I feel like I've been eating lots of potatoes lately so I only had a few bites today. Afterwards I had a tiny coffee with cream and honey, coconut oil and dark chocolate.

Evening snacks: Few more ribs. Apple pie smoothie, and a bit of home-made apple cider. DAMN, so tasty!!!

Current Primal Journal

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried "Dad's Amazing Bbq Sauce" (Honey Bunny)? It's an all organic bbq sauce sweetened with honey. Freakin delicious! 3 flavours plus they do a ketchup (outside of their honey business). I think you'd like. You can find the standard BBQ flavour at zehrs and the rest of the varieties at healthy haven.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Have you tried "Dad's Amazing Bbq Sauce" (Honey Bunny)? It's an all organic bbq sauce sweetened with honey. Freakin delicious! 3 flavours plus they do a ketchup (outside of their honey business). I think you'd like. You can find the standard BBQ flavour at zehrs and the rest of the varieties at healthy haven.
    Good to know! Thanks I'll check it out sometime!

Current Primal Journal

Day 32

So a bit of smashing the phone today. I grow weak...

I didn't really eat proper meals this day and was pretty hungry. By the end of the day I seriously just wanted to binge out on junk food. Thankfully I slayed my inner beast, and held back... a bit. Anyways it was a weird day so I'm just gonna list the food I ate all together.

• 3 apple fritters. Foiled by the neighbours' generosity again!
    • 2 left over ribs
    • 2 bowls of cabbage soup (with some extra butter)
    • 1 homemade apple cinnamon muffin.
    • veggies and home-made dip
    • 2 lindt chocolates - the creamy sugary kind that melt in your mouth, lol not the "healthy" dark chocolate. Held back on the 3rd one only cuz the sugar from the first 2 hit my gut like a ton of bricks.
    • cup of homemade apple/fruit cider
    • a few potato chips and dip (OMG I wanted the whole bag. So. Bad. This was in the evening when my hunger is pretty high, and being surrounded in junk food all around doesn't help at all. I'm amazed I didn't eat more considering the voices in my head were like "JUST EAT IT!!")
    • Some cream cheese.

Probably my worst day yet. I did sunbathe though, and took my supplements.

Current Primal Journal

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast