Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Summer Survival Plan (Primal-JoJo) page 8

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 24

Breakfast: Bit of left over veggie dip stuff from last night. Just ate it with a spoon. DUH. I'm a friggin' idiot - I don't know why I didn't think of this before *face palm* The tortilla chips were totally unnecessary last night. Half a chocolate. Didn't eat the other half - too sweet. (Luckily it is acceptable in my family to take a bite out of something and then put it back LOL!)

Supplements: B12 and omega 3x3.

Sunbathing.

Lunch: Omelet with approx 2.5 eggs (I dunno I shared it), with left over grilled veggies and ground meat.

Dinner: 2 bites of garlic cheese bread pizza thing. This thing smelled marvellous in the oven. But tasted like cardboard. Luckily I was smart enough to stop at 2 bites. In the past I would have eaten it anyway. But then I had an immense craving for whatever I had imagined the smell would taste like. I made some cauliflower with garlic butter and probably way too much cheese. Unfortunately it didn't satisfy my craving at all, and was just kind of meh. I should have broiled some cheese with garlic in the oven...

Snack: A few bites of my cashew coconut oil. It hardened in the fridge into like a fudge - sweet! Tea with honey and cream.

I'm not really happy with my eating today. I feel hungry and unsatisfied, but it seems too late to eat. Arg. Also no fitness today. I forgot!!! It's a holiday in Canada, and it felt like Sunday, but I just realized it's Monday and I didn't do my workout today. I was just a lazy couch potato all day. I should probably get off my ass tomorrow.

UPDATE: Ended up eating. Salmon fillet with garlic, butter, tomato and zucchini.
    Last edited by Primal-JoJo; 07-02-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Lol - I think I want to add one more to the list. Being surrounded by crappy food from all four sides!

Current Primal Journal

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Agreed. That was another good article, read right as I needed it too. Thanks ecks! I purposefully left a box of chocolates at work the other day because I didn't want them in my house. Conveniently they turned up today in the mail at work. One of my thoughtful colleagues assumed i had forgotten them and I that I wanted them and sent them to me via internal post. Now I've eaten two. Hehe. Good luck with tomorrow and attempting to keep the sugar/ crap food far away.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

So I IFed for about half the day. Not on purpose. Went to the movies with my sister and her friend, and didn't have time before we left. So didn't get down to eating til about 4. I think this was a happy accident. I feel good today.

Lunch/Dinner?? lol : bit of potato salad; 3 egg omelet with ground pork, onions, spinach, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini and cheese. A few sips of Dr. Pepper.

Fitness: About a 40 min or so walk to the movie theatre. Then I did some strength training later in the evening. Wasn't feeling it though, did shorter than usual. 100 squats at 3:05 min. Some lunges, pushups, dips, bicep curls, wall sit, ab wheels, etc.

Snack: Coconut oil and dark chocolate. Apple "pie" smoothie: banana, 2 small apples, coconut milk, vanilla protein powder and cinnamon.

Current Primal Journal

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    That smoothie sounds like heaven! I loved apple pie. Yumm!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

ARRRGGGGG!!!!! Why would you rub chicken with margarine!??? WTF???? I NEED TO GO HOME NOW! I can't take this anymore it's like sometimes as if they are TRYING to purposely make my life harder for me! It's not like there isn't tons of BUTTER in the house, there is there always is. They even AGREE that butter is BETTER than margarine. Then why the fuck would you cover a perfectly primal food like chicken in goddamn margarine??? I just don't fucking get these people sometimes. They know how I feel about things like margarine, veg oil, canola, FLOUR - and yet they needless add this stuff into things that truly don't need it. It's not like I'm asking them to buy expensive weird new things, just use goddamn BUTTER or olive oil. Things we ALREADY have, it's nothing that fucking different or difficult.

FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Sorry, I needed to get this out. I just wanted to lose my shit today. But I didn't I took a shower instead. An angry shower, and I'm still pissed. I really don't think I'm asking for anything that ridiculous. FUCK.

Less than 2 weeks left. My primal OCD is driving me MAD! You'd think after all this time I would get used to it. But it only gets worse. I NEED TO RETURN TO THE SANCTITY OF MY OWN KITCHEN. I CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT IT.

Fuck, I'm also turning into a disgusting purist. Eff my life.

Current Primal Journal

Ahem... okay so had a bit a freak out earlier. Sorry, for being an emo brat. I feel better now. Glad I vented here though instead of bitching everyone in my house out. Whew.

Day 26

Sunbathing, check.

Brunch: Omelet taco salad thinger soooooooo freaking good. Ground meat, onions, zucchini, mushrooms and one egg sauteed with taco seasonings. Then mixed with 1 tomato, 1/4 avocado, some lettuce, cilantro, salsa and sour cream. Oh and green onions! YUMMY!

Fitness: Sprints. Thought I was gonna throw up lol. I normally do these on stationary bike, it takes about 15 minutes, I do 6-7 sprints for about 20 seconds at 9 level incline (highest is 10) - with longer breaks in bw. Today I spent about 8 minutes doing 8 sprints for 20 sec. So the rest time was a lot shorter. CRAZY HARD! But I like that it took less time

Snack: Apple "pie" smoothie, same as other day.

Dinner: Some roasted chicken pieces, mostly breast. Some rice. Veggies: Jullienned carrots and zucchini steamed in butter.

Snack 2: Piece of my coconut oil cashew mixture from the fridge. Update: Also had earl grey tea with some honey, and some watermelon.

Might have something more tonight. Maybe tea?? I dunno. Maybe not. I might also be MIA for a few days. Yay my BF is coming to visit me! Perfect timing, he should be able to help me fend off my impending bitch attack. We're going rock climbing again tomorrow! Woohoo!

Just gotta survive til next weekend...
    Last edited by Primal-JoJo; 07-07-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: update

Current Primal Journal

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Woh! Crazy cave lady post! Hope you're feeling better! Tell G-spot I say hi! (Can I call him G-spot? Guess I already did so too late!)
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
    Sorry, for being an emo brat.
    I am always an emo brat lately. It comes with people TREATING you like one again. Reverting to bad habits and everyone settling into their routines and such. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel at least

Have fun with the bf!

Also, I made meatza! It was definitely not a huge success. Good flavoring but I couldn't get all the juice out of the pan from the ground pork so it wasn't crispy. I have some technical fixes I'm going to try next time, but shmooooo my god it was tasty.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Woh! Crazy cave lady post! Hope you're feeling better! Tell G-spot I say hi! (Can I call him G-spot? Guess I already did so too late!)
    Yeah, I'm losing it lately... but I think I finally hit bottom the other day, lol so that's good, cuz now I'm on my way up. Lol hanging out with G-spot helped hahaha I'll have to tell him that one LOL. Also I told him about my nice restaurant request, and he said to just pick the place and we're there

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailLyn View Post
    I am always an emo brat lately. It comes with people TREATING you like one again. Reverting to bad habits and everyone settling into their routines and such. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel at least

Have fun with the bf!

Also, I made meatza! It was definitely not a huge success. Good flavoring but I couldn't get all the juice out of the pan from the ground pork so it wasn't crispy. I have some technical fixes I'm going to try next time, but shmooooo my god it was tasty.
    Thanks Abby - glad to know I'm not the only one...

Also me and the bf had tons of fun - went rock climbing again! Our skills have improved!

Did you add some eggs to help the meat hold together?? Are you doing dairy still? I have a great primal pizza recipe, but it involves a lot of cheese. Let me know if you're interested. OR try chicken pizza! Butterfly a chicken breast and use that as the crust!

Current Primal Journal

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast