Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Summer Survival Plan (Primal-JoJo) page 3

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Totally looks like an acceptable 20% to me! I know it's working for you b/c you are satisfied and happy with what you are doing. That's what really matters, right? Who give a f*#• what anyone else thinks if your happy with the results!? Good for you

Btw: I want some of that polish food! I think I may venture into some polish cooking....

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    I think you've done extremely well! I've learnt the past 2 months and probably mostly the last 2 weeks that stressing over little things isn't going to make me feel any better so it's much simpler (and a lot less stressful) to just roll with the things you can't control and learn to accept the things you can. As time passes you, (and I) will both become better at resisting the temptations and enjoying eating the primal goodies that are in abundance. I'm loving it!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Totally second His_chick. Stressing over things makes life way worse and, at least with me, leaves to mood swings and binges even more because I obsess. You seem like you are doing great, and I would ABSOLUTELY HELL FREAKING YEAH eat apple fritters and homemade perogies so I am most jealous.

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys! Yeah, I totally agree - and I normally don't stress about what I eat at all - just a bit right now, so I don't go off the deep end. I'm looking forward to getting back to life as usual, but in a sick way I'm enjoying the challenge, and all the successes so far. Didn't know I had it in me. Primal really has changed me.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement!!
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes I do much better in the challenges than in the day to day "no one's watching me" eating. When I know there's going to be a tricky situation to avoid, I get a kick of figuring out how I can fake people into not noticing that I'm not eating their pasta/bread/crap. It's kind of fun and makes me feel clever

Haha your fake out games are pretty hilarious, Abby! That's sounds like a fun way to do it. I don't think I'm clever enough to pull that off though. Usually I just go with offending people lol. Well, or I just eat it. I guess it depends on who it is and what the food is. But I think having a conscious "challenge" has definitely helped me step up my game!

Current Primal Journal

The Weekend

Day 8

So yesterday was a fun day at the Falls! Definitely not very primal, but all in all not as bad as thought it could be.

Breakfast: My mom brought home fresh baked rolls, and I just couldn't resist to have a bit with some butter. I had half a piece of bread with some butter, fresh ham, and cucumbers. It was quite good. But even as I ate it, I felt like I wasn't eating real food. Considering the day was gonna be made up of a lot of walking I really should have eaten some eggs. But I decided not to eat any more than that half sandwich, since the plan was to surprise my dad and take him out for lunch. So I knew I would be eating again in a few hours. Fail: forgot my supplements today.

Lunch: Lunch was fabulous! The restaurant was really good, with lots of primal and almost primal options. And we got patio seats overlooking the lake! It was sweet! I had tiny piece quarter piece of bread from the bread basket to try it. It was warm and I had some butter on it. Good cuz it was warm and fresh, but really easy to resist because it was ciabatta bread. I prefer really warm and gooey breads, not the crunchy dry kind. I ordered an awesome warm salad with chicken breast and lots of stirfried veggies: mushrooms, onions, zucchini, peppers, spinach, some other greens, etc. and goat cheese. SO super yummy! Gonna copy this sometime. I did end up having a half piece of panini from the grandma's order with it. The panini was really good and had some melty provolone or something on it. We all tried each others food. So I had a bite of my dad's steak (soo good); my mom had shrimp and curried couscous that was super yum. and I stole some sweet potato fries from my grandma. Anywho, although my meal was pretty primal. The portion was *bitchy, skinny girl* sized - so - too small. I definitely could have eaten twice as much. (There's a reason so many skinny girls are bitchy - they're hungry!!)

We then did a ton of walking. All day. Headed to the falls and basically wandered. I had a snack in my purse. The organic macaroon I bought the other day. It was good. But too much honey. I will make my own sometime - good snack idea.

Then we went to this super cool bar/lounge in the falls, that no one seems to know about - but I'm cool so I know about it We had some drinks to further celebrate my dad's bday. I had melontini. That shit hit me quick lol. Good stuff though!

We didn't really eat a proper dinner. I pretty much felt like I was IFing all day. Although the hunger wasn't as crazy as it was once back in the day, where I would have died to eat anything. When we got back to the car my dad was hungry and we had a cooler bag with some sausage/pepperette type thing, and some left overs from lunch. No one seemed to like the left over panini from my grandmas lunch. If my dad had eaten it I would have been safe lol. But I definitely liked it so I ate it. Delicious. But no satisfaction whatsoever. I really felt like I hadn't eaten anything.

Lesson learned: bread/sandwiches are no longer processed as real food by my body. I still find them delicious - but useless as fuel for my body.

Anywho, I think I was starting to crash by the time I got home though. I was sooo tired, and kind of hungry, but not really. I dunno, one of those hungers like, I'm so hungry but it's so late so there's no point in eating. I caved and had a few pieces of chocolate my dad got for his birthday (milk chocolate hazelnut!) -then I had a camomile tea with cream and cinnamon, no honey... then I passed out!

Current Primal Journal

The Weekend Cont'd

Day 9
    Wow woke up sooo tired. Is it the bread from yesterday? I dunno. I felt fine yesterday. But today just sleepy all day. Maybe the bread combined with all that walking. We probably did around 4 hours worth.

Breakfast: Awesome! Egg scramble with onions, bacon, spinach and cheese. I had about 3 eggs. This is a REAL breakfast.

Supplements: B12 and omega 3x3.

Then I just felt really antsy. I dunno I just wanted some sugar so bad!!! And my dad's chocolate was just laying there!! But I really didn't want to do it. Almost made a squash dessert instead. But was too lazy (also was thinking my mom would buy cake for father's day - so wanted to just wait it out). I just kind of paced around like a crazy person lol. Then I was like, I should work out instead. But the other part of me was like "but I am le tired...". And the third part was like, just have some chocolate bitch! So I was like work-out - nap - or chocolate?? I can't believe I actually chose.... WORKOUT. This is a first for me. Normally nap would actually win in this scenario. I figured some sprints would wake me up.

Fitness: So I did some sprints on the exercise bike. I felt good afterwards!! My heart was pumping blood and my body was like "Eeeeee endorphins!" Didn't want sugar anymore. Watched a movie instead.

Snack: Small cup of coffee with cream and half a teaspoon of honey.

Dinner: Pork schnitzel - breaded... but fried in lard Some cucumbers with sourcream, a bit of potatoes with creamy mushroom sauce. A shot of vodka. Then things went downhill. Just been super sleepy and kind of headachey ever since. I dunno if it was the vodka, combined with the previous day, or combined with the coffee (in the past coffee's always made me sick and tired...although lately I've been fine with small doses). I dunno, I'm just super exhausted.

Dessert: My mom didn't buy good dessert - only coffee cake - so I didn't eat that. Had a camomile tea with cream, cinnamon, and teaspoon of honey. Had a few teaspoons of cashew butter.

I'm pretty much ready to crash now. But it seems too early for me to go the bed. Anywho, I would like to reflect on the weekend though. I told myself I was just gonna do whatever on the weekend. But it turns out, I didn't find any satisfaction in this. And I didn't even want to "cheat". I found eating bread was sort of a waste... it just didn't... add anything to my life. Now I'm not gonna be all like some ppl around here that are like "bread tastes gross; it's like cardboard, etc" - this was not the case. Good quality bread tastes damn good, and anyone who says otherwise is either a liar, or has only ever tasted "wonderbread". But yeah, I just felt like it didn't provide anything for my body. It's weird, but I sort of saw it as empty fuel. I don't know how to explain it - this weekend I felt and saw that this was not "food" - just something to put in my mouth.

So I think what I am trying to say... is that I am truly, deeply, in love with... FAT. We have a deep connection, me and fat. Mind, body, soul. We complete each other! Turns out bread and sugar, are just lustful flings jerking me around. Fat is the real thing. I think we're gonna be together for life - true love at last. These weekend flings have confirmed it. I have been such a fool.

Joanna + fat = <3

Current Primal Journal

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    I love it. Everything about it. Your enthusiasm is infectious and is making me even more excited about my steak n veges sauteeded in butter.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

PrimalCon New York
    Mmmm- veggies + butter = <3 also!

Current Primal Journal

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast