Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Primal Summer Survival Plan (Primal-JoJo) page 10

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 33

Made a bit of a recovery today. Also I decided to just stop worrying about it. I've basically succeeded in being really strict for about a month. But it sucks, this is the most strict and deprived I've ever been being primal, and yet it's probably the least primal I've eaten all year. It's really discouraging. I think it's not so much that I'm starting to lose my resolve (I would say this last month has proven without a doubt that I am truly committed to being primal), I think I just feel like I've survived my summer challenge, which was to stay as primal as possible and just not go off the deepend and lose all of my primal eating habits. I haven't. And I still look damn good in my bathing suit. And I'm starting to see my normal life is within reach again, so I'm starting to think I should go back to business as usual for the next while, and ENJOY my summer. I NEED my 20% to maintain my sanity. So I'm gonna go back to enjoying it. Yesterday sucked cuz I didn't eat proper meals, and was left hungry and vulnerable. But at this point, a week of eating shitty here and there shouldn't hurt me since I'll be home after that, eating amazing primal food again, all the time, no longer surrounded by any temptations, or challenges.

So yeah, I'm kind of giving up. Well, not completely. I'm not just gonna go eat junk all day. But I'm gonna go back to eating what ever I want. Mostly primal. But just "F*** it" when I want some non-primal stuff and eat it and be happy. Being happy makes me better at staying primal. Eating a ton of non-primal food here and there keeps me sane and reminds me why I love primal so much. Since I decided this, today just felt a lot easier... and somehow ended up being almost completely primal with no effort. My workout's the best its been in a while. I felt stronger and enjoyed it again - it didn't drag. I just feel normal again. No more of this bitchy, uptightness.

Brunch: 2 egg omelet with potatoes fried with bacon, onions and cheese, and some tomatoes, green onions and sour cream on top. Yummy!

Fitness: 100 squats at 2:51 mins - finally broke my 3 min plateau! Also did all my full sets and reps today, enjoyed them all - felt good.

Dinner: Greek salad: cucumbers, green peppers, red onions, feta cheese, oregano, evoo, balsamic. And chicken breasts with onions and mushrooms in a balsamic reduction with some basmati rice. Dessert was coconut milk hot chocolate with some extra coconut oil added.

Snack: Fried chicken skin; left over chicken from dinner. Some cashew nut butter with coconut oil

Also sunbathed and took the usual supplements.
    Last edited by Primal-JoJo; 07-11-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    I agree with you that as soon as I stopped stressing about it so much it got easier. I found that once I stopped counting everything I put in my mouth my mood and mindset completely improved too.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Quote Originally Posted by his_chick View Post
    I agree with you that as soon as I stopped stressing about it so much it got easier. I found that once I stopped counting everything I put in my mouth my mood and mindset completely improved too.
    Yeah it always works that way. You'd think I'd take my own advice LOL

Current Primal Journal

Day 34

Sunbathing and supplements. No fitness, rest day.

Brunch: 3 eggs fried in butter. 1/2 an avocado.

"Snack" lol if you wanna call it that: A mojito with my mom and grandma - made them pretty strong. We all got pretty buzzed this afternoon hehe. Also had a bit of macadamia nut butter. First time buying it today, so I had to try it out!

Dinner: Burgers. No buns, just extra lettuce and toppings. Also ate A LOT of sweet potato fries I made, sooo good! With some curried mayo dip.

Snack: A bunch of random stuff, I was busy in the kitchen today. Harvested some of our basil in the back yard and made some pesto. Had a bunch of the ingredients while I was making it, also taste "tested" it lol. Also finally tore into that final creamy Lindt chocolate that I held back from eating the other day, it's the white chocolate kind, one of my favourite indulgences. Then I made some... I guess I'll call them Chocolate macaroon fudge treats. I'm making them to take camping and I had a few pieces this evening. Maybe too much. Then I had a tea with a bit of sugar.

I think black tea makes me feel like crap, but I'm in denial of this.

Current Primal Journal

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
    I think black tea makes me feel like crap, but I'm in denial of this.
    Is it possible your adrenals are burnt? Maybe downtime from caffeine will help enhance your ability to enjoy it later on without burning out.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Quote Originally Posted by ecks View Post
    Is it possible your adrenals are burnt? Maybe downtime from caffeine will help enhance your ability to enjoy it later on without burning out.
    I honestly have no idea what that means, if you have a moment feel free to enlighten me. I would look it up but I'm leaving for camping soon and don't have time at the moment. Either way, gonna try to avoid tea for the next bit.

Current Primal Journal

Day 35

Okay gonna be MIA for the next bit, finally going camping! I was really gonna try to have a clean day today before I left... but I already failed lol. Damn those things I haven't eaten in a long time that pop out and taunt me! I didn't go crazy though. And the rest today is primal.

Breakfast: 3 eggs and 3 bacon, scrambled.

FAIL: A few pizza falvoured goldfish. Oh man these were delicious. Haven't had them in years, an old favourite. My sister got them and shoved them into my hands :O Gah, dang it. Also tasted my grandma's baked goods today. Had one bite of each thing (2 things). Didn't actually like any of it. It's that damn cinnamon crumble on top that gets me every time. The smell is INTOXICATING!!! The taste is a disappointment however. Sad.

Lunch: Cauliflower soup with dill. YUM!

Haven't had dinner yet. But it's gonna be sweet. Zucchini noodles with my homemade pesto I made yesterday, with steamed mushrooms, and some baby tomatoes. And some BBQ pork tenderloin.

I gotta pack. But here's what's going in my primal cooler: hardboiled eggs, a huge tupperware of assorted veggies, and my homemade dip, a bag of apples, macadamia nut butter (for the apples), my chocolate macaroon fudge bars, some BBQ pork tenderloin medallions and the "naturals" hotdogs - not great, but camping ain't camping without spider dogs. I think that's about it... I plan on sharing most of it, and also sharing food with my BF's family - probably stuff like burgers and what not. Looking forward to it. And looking forward to avoiding their processed snack foods.

Oh I should also pack a few avocado and I also got some yummy white wine to share! Oh and pork rinds to combat chip cravings.

I'm generally gonna eat what ever I want, but mostly avoid bread, processed, store-bought baked goods as well as tea with sugar, probably tea in general. If there's something to die for, I will enjoy it and suffer the consequences.

I'll update in a few days. Aloha!

Current Primal Journal

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Oh have fun camping!!! I'd like to go this summer too, but the damn summers are too short!

It's over!

Yay! I'm back home in Peterborough for the time being. Just got back this evening, and I cannot wait to go grocery shopping tomorrow! Already made my list

Camping was pretty awesome. It was a nice "end" to my summer. Well, technically I still have summer until September... but now I've got to actually DO some stuff instead of just hanging out all day. I'm looking forward to it though. Doing nothing isn't as great as it sounds. I can't wait to get back into a more normal groove of life. And of course, eating.

I didn't do too poorly camping either. I came back to my parents' house for a few days last week and then went camping again, but didn't post anything cuz I just enjoyed not being on the computer for a while (and not stressing about my eating). But for the most part my eating went well. I stayed primal a lot of the time and then indulged a few times otherwise, but enjoyed it and had no regrets.

Some non-primal eats in the last week include: Perogies (with cheddar and potatoes, and caramalized onions and sour cream), a few glasses of white wine throughout the week, oatmeal raisin cookies, timmy's breakfast sandwich, some ice-cream, a few french fries (from my bf's meal), some chips (not a crazy binge), a banana boat (banana with chocolate chip and marshmallows melted over the camp fire), and to end it all, a shit ton of pizza yesterday. A total pizza binge that should hold me over for a month or more. It was sooo good. And although I got a bit bloated and gassy, I didn't feel too terrible. I was expecting to pay a lot harder than a few farts for that one, so I'm pretty happy.

The rest of what I ate in the last week was primal. Some primal highlights include: yummy watermelon at the beach, my homemade sweet potato/ground pork patties (which everyone else really enjoyed as well), and steak 2x in one week - a T-bone at home before my grandma left, and a rib steak while camping. Also enjoyed a lot of hamburger patties. A very protein heavy week - nice!

I think I succeeded in my summer challenge. I obviously didn't let myself go, because while camping this weekend a friend I haven't seen in a while, said I looked great and asked what I was doing. She was really interested in learning about primal and asked me a lot of questions, so it was pretty fun actually having someone take me seriously (since I usually don't feel I am since I was never truly overweight to begin with). I'll be sending her some info - hope she likes it!

I'm also happy for not drinking caffeine this last week as I had planned. I stuck to having herbal tea black and felt better for it. I'm also glad for not drinking too much booze on a trip where drinking seemed to be an expectation. I'm so over drinking to get drunk. I enjoy a glass here and there and then feel fine the next day. I think I'm also OVER bread. At least any sort of processed buns - the idea of sandwiches is about as appealing as getting drunk so this makes me really happy. I am not over cookies, pizza and chips - but it's nice to feel like I'm not missing out when people eat sandwiches.

So that's it for now. Now I'm excited to start my new challenge. Tomorrow I'm starting the Whole 30. I'm sooo excited to eat CLEAN, and to see how taking out dairy and sugar will affect me. Not sure if I should keep this thread or just start a new one... any thoughts??

Current Primal Journal

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    If you do start a new one make sure you post the name so I can follow. Congrats on getting through camping without
    stressing too much.
    While you were gone I had a couple of days where I indulged too in things i havent for a longvtime and now I'm trying to straighten out and get away from my temptation foods it's really hard. Best wishes for the Whole30.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast