Thread: Starting 2nd month of PB and feeling fab... but page

Primalwombat is offline Member

Starting 2nd month of PB and feeling fab... but

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I'm just starting my second month of eating (and moving) primally. After the transition period of the first few weeks (getting rid of carb cravings, etc.), I am enjoying VLCD eating more and more. I am totally amazed at the fact that I am not hungry all the time. I used to eat 5-6 small meals a day, and still get constantly hungry (due to calorie deficit despite the number of meals... around 1600-1700/day net).

Now I eat once or twice a day with occasional IF thrown in. It took a while for me to learn to listen to my body (in the right sense), and stop eating when I am no longer hungry, instead of polishing the plate because it is "the right thing to do". I eat if I feel like it, and IF if I feel like it.

However, therein lies the problem... I am 6'2" and weight around 190 pounds. On days when I eat only one meal, my calorie intake for the day tends to hover around 500-700 cals. On two meal days it is around 1100-1200 cals. Even if I have a blow-out day with wine, chocolate and three meals, I am barely over 2000 cals. In other words, my overall calories do not come even close to providing a calorie balance. However, I don't starve... heck, I'm not even hungry, and when I am, I eat.

Having said that, this way of eating has only happened spontaneously over the last two weeks. The first two weeks of primal eating, I tended to stuff myself (at around 1900+ cal/day), but I did not lose any weight. For the past week, the fat is MELTING off, so I figure my fat metabolism has kicked in, and I derive majority of my energy needs from my (still) substantial wobbly deposits.

I would love some comments or experiences other people have. I am a bit concerned about maintaining such low cal intake, but having said that, I am satisfied, not hungry and feel great...

Cheers,
    Markus

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    If it ain't broke...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

peril is offline Senior Member
    It's working. You're living off your stored energy. When that stops being available you'll eat more. Fear not
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Primalwombat is offline Member
    Thanks for the replies :-) Much appreciated.

I just did my weekly weigh-in, and I have lost FIVE POUNDS in a week. OMFG... five freaking pounds in one week, together with a whole inch from my hips, and 0.8% body fat.

Over the moon :-). Gonna celebrate by eating something fatty :-P

Markus

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It'll wear off, don't worry. Once you deplete your body fat stores your hunger will return. At that point, eat more and get some exercise of the type that taxes your muscles more than your cardiovascular system.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs