Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carb Backloading / Carb Nite - Anyone doing either of these? page

CavemanCop is offline Junior Member

Carb Backloading / Carb Nite - Anyone doing either of these?

Primal Fuel
    Im starting the Carb Nite program, and was wondering if anyone else out there is doing this while keeeping it paleo. Im going to try to stay as primal/paleo as possible on my carb nights with white potatos, rice, and maybe a little sugar. Any thoughts?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Possibly potatoes, rice and a little sugar??? On carb reloads I usually do a mix of sweet potato, rice and chicken and then later I'll have some sorbet.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I just eat carbs when I want them. VLC doesn't work for me.

Nothing you listed seems to do me any harm- I eat them all regularly.

If I was going to do a carb refeed, I'd do it after my most brutal workout of the week.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    ^

Apex is spot on. I hit my limit yesterday when I had a 6k + calorie meal (entire pizza, 32 oz whole chocolate milk, oatmeal, etc) and looked like I was a few months pregnant after I finished...wasn't pretty. Today, there is very little to no residual damage. From past experience, I'll be back to pre-binge status by tomorrow morning.

There is no need to be that extreme, but the point is that well planned binges can be fine to offset the potential physiological shifts caused by long term hypocaloric dieting + exercise.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StackingPlates View Post
    ^

Apex is spot on. I hit my limit yesterday when I had a 6k + calorie meal (entire pizza, 32 oz whole chocolate milk, oatmeal, etc) and looked like I was a few months pregnant after I finished...wasn't pretty. Today, there is very little to no residual damage. From past experience, I'll be back to pre-binge status by tomorrow morning.

There is no need to be that extreme, but the point is that well planned binges can be fine to offset the potential physiological shifts caused by long term hypocaloric dieting + exercise.
    wtf o.O What's your workout schedule like? My >6ft boyfriend doesn't even eat that much in a day of training while bulking.

StackingPlates is offline Senior Member
    ^

Typically four days of heavy resistance training + one day of HIIT per week while operating ~maintenance caloric intake (+/- 300 calories). About once a month (give or take), I will do huge binge days in combination with a veg out in front of the TV or read a book...this was the first time I ever hit the pain threshold where I could barely move. It was both sad and funny at the same time. I had a new-found respect for Joey Chestnut and Kobayashi at that moment, LOL.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    oatmeal
    I was wondering about the oatmeal. I was just starting to enjoy steel cut and then I discovered Primal. I sort of miss it. DH misses it in the morning since I cut him off. It doesnt fill me up all the way to lunch and I am skipping breakfast now, but still think about it from time to time and also wondering how bad it would be to let DH have some. I guess it could fall into that 20%.

^

Typically four days of heavy resistance training + one day of HIIT per week while operating ~maintenance caloric intake (+/- 300 calories). About once a month (give or take), I will do huge binge days in combination with a veg out in front of the TV or read a book...this was the first time I ever hit the pain threshold where I could barely move. It was both sad and funny at the same time. I had a new-found respect for Joey Chestnut and Kobayashi at that moment, LOL.
    I had one of these over memorial weekend. It was to the point where I literally felt like i was going to vomit (for about 30 seconds) then I had a second helping of cheesecake . Man it felt great and looking forward to the next...
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I was wondering about the oatmeal. I was just starting to enjoy steel cut and then I discovered Primal. I sort of miss it. DH misses it in the morning since I cut him off. It doesnt fill me up all the way to lunch and I am skipping breakfast now, but still think about it from time to time and also wondering how bad it would be to let DH have some. I guess it could fall into that 20%.
    I love oatmeal but since I stopped eating it I find if I do have it on occasion I get a stomach ache. I thought the first time it was just a coincidence. I had some the other night and the same exact thing happened. Kind of sucks because steel cut oats with almond butter, bananas, honey and heavy whipping cream is unreal.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    I love oatmeal but since I stopped eating it I find if I do have it on occasion I get a stomach ache.
    Thanks. I/We havent had it in so long it should be easy to figure that out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast