Thread: Seriphos for adrenal support/fatigue? page

tomi is offline Senior Member

Seriphos for adrenal support/fatigue?

Shop Now
    Just got the results of a saliva test and my cortisol levels are out of whack. Way high first thing in the morning, and not low enough by evening. Doc gave me Seriphos, plus another one called Anti-Stress with B and C vitamins and Adrenal Support stuff. I'm curious to hear of others responses to the Seriphos. I start taking it tonight at bedtime. Thanks.........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, I'm curious how this is working out for you - sorry, if you posted about it elsewhere I didn't see it. I'm interested in all aspects of adrenal dysfunction. Wondering if I was in the high cortisol category in the past when I gained weight like crazy during periods of heavy stress.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

I've only been taking it for about 2 weeks - and haven't really noticed anything yet. BUT, this type of thing takes a LONG time to correct. SO I'm trying to be patient.

It easy to have your cortisol levels checked. Ask your doc for a saliva test.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thanks for the info - yes I did have a 24-hour saliva test done, cortisol curve was basically flat at the bottom of the chart. No wonder I had so little energy. My doctor recommended a paleo-type diet in addition to supplements (licorice, ashwaganda, DHEA. pregnenolone) and lots of rest; that's how I ended up at MDA. I was just curious about approaches for the other end of the spectrum. Hope it does you well!

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

low cortisol........ hum. That means your adrenals are underactive - correct?

did your doctor suggest taking Cortef? I work for an endo ....... so I have a little knowledge of these things. Purhaps you could request an Endocrinology consult.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thanks for the suggestion, I will ask him about the Cortef. I thought about seeing an endo if I don't see enough improvement in another month or two. But the trick is to find someone who will work to get your body doing what it should do naturally. I do know that it can take a long time to handle adrenal issues, but I didn't get this way overnight and I don't expect it resolve overnight either. Trying hard to be realistic about it and I am seeing some small results - cardio symptoms and sleep are both much better, energy level slightly improved, and of course the weight loss is really encouraging.

I'm trying to stay in the "patient" mode as well. I'm dealing with low thyroid as well as high cortisol --- Much patience is needed for both. Doc says 8 weeks for the Armour to take full effect before we can even consider adjusting my dose. At this rate it could take a full year to even find the right dose.

Maybe you could search for a "doctors in your area" board. I know there are paleo-friendly boards on the web - sorry I don't have a link for you - but I've seen it mentioned on the She-groks page. If I find it I will pass it along.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm trying to stay in the "patient" mode as well. I'm dealing with low thyroid as well as high cortisol --- Much patience is needed for both. Doc says 8 weeks for the Armour to take full effect before we can even consider adjusting my dose. At this rate it could take a full year to even find the right dose.

Maybe you could search for a "doctors in your area" board. I know there are paleo-friendly boards on the web - sorry I don't have a link for you - but I've seen it mentioned on the She-groks page. If I find it I will pass it along.

Here I found this: Paleo Physicians Network maybe this will help
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hey Wrenwood! Popping in to say hello. Since you found me on the Seraphos page I thought I'd check out your journal

good job on the weight loss! I seem to be floundering - but its my own fault. I just haven't found my anchor! I do really good for about a week or 2 and then lose my way for a week or 2!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation