Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: T or F: Carbs least important at breakfast and dinner? page 6

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Outside of the past few hundred years, food has been scarce throughout all of human existence. By that logic, nearly all women have been metabolically deranged for literally millions of years. That's a ridiculous assessment IMO. Caloric binges and huge deficits were a regular part of life since forever. Stable caloric intake is a modern invention. There was no food storage outside of modern times. It was commonplace to gorge on every calorie you could while you could because you never knew when your next meal would come from. And again, females have shown themselves to be more resistant to premature death than men. None of this makes any sense and I refuse to believe a single word of that, Nadia. It all sounds like excuses to me and a defensive statement to attempt to justify why the average woman won't ever look like a swimsuit model on a magazine cover. And that's fine, because most men actually don't care for that fake, airbrushed look. Women care more about what they look like than any man does.

I wish my body could reject the truth as easily as you just did.I dug into the research myself after being diagnoised with hypothalamic amenorrhea. It's real. I may have lost the ability to have children, that's how real hormonal and metabolic damage due to under eating is for me. Even going primal didn't fix that.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I grew up pre-HFCS and with a stay at home mom who cooked from scratch. I played outside like any other kid. I ran, climbed trees, investigated the sewers, roller-skated and rode my bike everywhere. At age 5 it was go outside and play and don't come back until dinner time. And I was a frickin' girl for chrissakes. I roamed free from age 5. I also was a kid back when there was only ONE fat kid in the whole school. It wasn't me.

Anyway, keep up your good work, Chaco. You're gonna wake up from it some day. I saw your pictures. You're all puffy and swollen from doing unnatural stuff to your body. You brag about your metabolic giftedness but you are gonna wake up from your dream state all broken just like us women if you keep up the illusion that you can just tweak a little bit more to get the body comp you desire. Nobody cares about how much you can lift. You sound just like me when I stepped on the scale and lost another pound. Everything is working perfect because I lost another pound. Got it all under control. What you are doing isn't natural.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I grew up pre-HFCS and with a stay at home mom who cooked from scratch. I played outside like any other kid. I ran, climbed trees, investigated the sewers, roller-skated and rode my bike everywhere. At age 5 it was go outside and play and don't come back until dinner time. And I was a frickin' girl for chrissakes. I roamed free from age 5. I also was a kid back when there was only ONE fat kid in the whole school. It wasn't me.

Anyway, keep up your good work, Chaco. You're gonna wake up from it some day. I saw your pictures. You're all puffy and swollen from doing unnatural stuff to your body. You brag about your metabolic giftedness but you are gonna wake up from your dream state all broken just like us women if you keep up the illusion that you can just tweak a little bit more to get the body comp you desire. Nobody cares about how much you can lift. You sound just like me when I stepped on the scale and lost another pound. Everything is working perfect because I lost another pound. Got it all under control. What you are doing isn't natural.
    I think you have no concept of what I'm even doing. What am I doing that's unnatural exactly?

Is eating real food and lifting heavy weights unnatural? Funny, it's the foundation of the Primal Blueprint. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of the "paleo thing" that it's natural and actually what human beings are supposed to do? Who knows, maybe I'm doing it wrong by sticking to this "paleo thing" and one day I'll wake up and "get it." Or, maybe you'll wake up one day and stop taking the anger you have for yourself from decades of improper lifestyle choices and projecting it on others who haven't suffered what you've gone through. Maybe you're right and I'm doing it wrong. Or maybe you resent others' successes. Either way, I have no regrets, I feel great, my bloodwork is awesome and I'm in the best shape of my life. If you can say that about yourself too, maybe we're both doing it right. I truly hope that's the case because I want nothing more than for you to be happy and healthy.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-11-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Go-Pre is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Yes, I have not eaten enough over the past few months, so my lifts has suffered. However, my definition of "suffering" is a 143 lb guy with a 305 deadlift for reps and a 225 lb benchpress for reps. My lifts were going through the roof and cutting cals too hard stalled them. Compared to the gains I was making before, the stalls were evident and the fat loss plateaued. A lot of that writing is for dramatic effect and me just pouring my inner thoughts "on paper," if you will. I have zero issues with insulin, fasting, no energy/sugar crashes, I have rock solid blood glucose, etc. M dramatic writings on a "crushed metabolism" is from going from monster gains to a plateau. I think anyone in the world with REAL metabolic issues would gladly trade for my condition. Simply upping cals for a few days immediately fixed all my problems. My lifts have already recovered 100% and I'm gaining, which is a testament to how strong the human metabolism really is and how quickly the body recovers.
    Understood, thanks. VERY solid numbers, btw.

Go-pre

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456