Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuts, Nuts, Nuts? Avocado? page

reallygravity is offline Senior Member

Nuts, Nuts, Nuts? Avocado?

So its true. Sniff. Go easy on the nuts. I have scaled down in a big way, and I am less bloated, have less water retention, and losing weight faster.

One question. Are there any other things that fall into the same category such as nuts? As in, good for you but in moderation. I have discovered avocados...you get my point. Want to make sure before I fall off the cliff.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Avocados are amazing and have an awesome nutritional profile. Don't cut those down too much if it's a good portion of your daily intake of fat.

I would put coconuts in the same category as nuts too.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I haven't scaled back on the nuts -- but I have bumped up the quality. I have a huge bag of raw macadamias in my pantry. Soooooooo good. I also have raw organic hazelnuts. Raw walnuts are terrific with salads. Raw pecans once in a while. And then there's almond butter drizzled over an apple for a scrumptious dessert. Nom! So maybe it's not a matter of scaling down the nuts but improving the quality of the nuts you're eating? Just a thought.

Some folks strongly believe that fruit should also be a food eaten in moderation. (Me? Right now, I'm very happy with my nuts and fruit.)

Thanks Sakura. And coconuts too. Good to know. Right now, I think I am doing ok with coconuts. We use coconut oil in all our cooking, and I might make two curries with some coconut milk every week or so.

JackieKessier. We eat organic, high quality nuts. But it really sticks to my body. And fruit. Yap, I am trying to come out of the fruit addiction. I do well with two servings a day. More than that, it creates havoc (only in weight loss). Right now, I am trying to do one serving per day--dessert after dinner.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Avocados should be eaten whole. Never halves. Sometimes adding a whole avocado to a meal makes the difference between being hungry again shortly and being able to go the rest of the day feeling satisfied. The same cannot be said for nuts, in my experience.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i would say watch the cheese too. nuts and cheese are kinda like that...

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Avocados should be eaten whole. Never halves. Sometimes adding a whole avocado to a meal makes the difference between being hungry again shortly and being able to go the rest of the day feeling satisfied. The same cannot be said for nuts, in my experience.
    I can eat a handful of nuts and be really full for the rest of the day. It's just stopping eating them once I grab a handful that's a huge problem....

Thanks sbhikes. I usually do halves. Will try wholes next time.

Can anyone tell me more about sweet potatoes?

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    i would say watch the cheese too. nuts and cheese are kinda like that...
    +1

I think it's the insulinogenic factor? I could easily put away a lb of any cheese and still be ready for dinner afterward.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by reallygravity View Post
    JackieKessier. We eat organic, high quality nuts. But it really sticks to my body. And fruit. Yap, I am trying to come out of the fruit addiction. I do well with two servings a day. More than that, it creates havoc (only in weight loss). Right now, I am trying to do one serving per day--dessert after dinner.
    Gotcha! At one point, I'll probably scale back my nuts and fruit as well, but not yet. Right now, I'm still in the "let's eat healthy" phase. Once I'm at a point when I want to lose the last little bit, then I'll chop my nut and fruit consumption.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast