Thread: Looking for a little help please. page

Chriso is offline Junior Member

Looking for a little help please.

Primal Fuel
    Hi Gang!

This is my first post and I'd like to thank all of you in advance for your time at MDA!
    I've spent a long time lurking and reading your posts.

I've been eating primal for about 8 weeks and have had some great results!
    My cronic heartburn has been gone since day 1, I've lost about 25 lbs, Sleep is great aswell
    as energy levels.

I'm a 5'10 male and started at 227 lbs.

I've been preety good at follow a bunch of the primal laws. I haven't started
    working out yet but plan to shortly.

My question is with the eat when hungry Law. I'm never hungry!
    I eat a large salad between 11-2 pm depending on time available and usually a large piece of meat at dinner time cand fast until the next lunch. I drink only water and 1 green tea in the am. I supplement vit D and fish oil. Thats about it!

I'm losing weight but not very fast i think. I Seem to feel good, but for some reason I think i'm not eating enough. I fitday'd my food and its around 1600 cal or so.

Is this ok. I could probalby skip my dinner alot of the time but I might get hungry late at night.
    is it ok to only eat this much?

Any help or tips would be great.

Thanks

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Start lifting heavy things and you'll be hungry Those calories seem a bit low to me. Maintenance for you is ~2700. So you can probably eat more, although 1600 calories is far from starving yourself. Like I said once you start working out, you will most likely start to eat more.

Thanks for your reply. I paln on startign the lift heavy things shorlty. After eating nothing but crap for 15 yrs I wanted to get a handle on the food first. Do you think increasing the amount i eat at meals will increase my weight lose rate?
    I walk alot and sleep well. the weights are the last stage to my primal life.

Thanks
    Chris

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    You could try it. Honestly, if you are losing ~3 pounds a week and you are satiated on 1600 calories, why mess with it. 3 lbs a week is nice weight loss. Once that number starts to decline, you might want to switch things up. Trying to lose too much weight too fast is never a good idea.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriso View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I paln on startign the lift heavy things shorlty. After eating nothing but crap for 15 yrs I wanted to get a handle on the food first. Do you think increasing the amount i eat at meals will increase my weight lose rate?
    I walk alot and sleep well. the weights are the last stage to my primal life.

Thanks
    Chris
    Eating more may increase your energy level which might make you become more active. It might be what you need to make you want to start a workout routine. But just eating more by itself isn't going to increase your weight loss rate.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

simplifiedpaleo is offline Junior Member
    I think you're losing weight as fast as possible, and you don't need to worry about feeling hungry. You will feel hungry. Congrats on your early success!

Thanks again. I have energy to be active just not alot of time ( 2 kids under the age of 3) LOL. I will continue to keep on keeping on. I'm in the middle of my first 24hr IF, I'm trying to see if my hunger sense is broken.....

THanks again and I'll get working out very soon.