Thread: Primal Journal (Xena Princess Warrior) page

xenapw2011 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Xena Princess Warrior)

Primal Fuel
    Hi. I've been attempting to lose the same 30lbs for almost 10 years now. <sigh>. I've trie to go it alone. I've trie exercise,diet, Atkins, etc. Nothing sticks. I'm hoping that this time by publicizing my intentions I will be motivated to commit to this lifestyle. I really like the PB philosophy. I hate cooking grains. I love eggs, meat, spinach. Love me a great spinach Cobb salad. And I don't want to exercise til I'm blue in the face. So I think this lifestyle will work for me.

I picked up Mark's books earlier this year and have been toying with primal all year. Now I think I'm ready to jump in and commit. I want to start with a 2-month challenge where I eat no more than 50gms of carbs/day during the week and then on weekends allow myself 100 each day. I've been tracking my carb intake for a few weeks now and I think this system will keep me sane and perhaps allow for 1-2 beers on the weekend. Beer is my biggest weekness, love it! Especially after a tough hike or skiing.

So, here we go with day 1. Workout complete. Will log food tonight...

2week followup

2 weeks into 2 month challenge
    Weight: 164
    Weight Lost: 7lbs

I'm very happy to report that I'm down 7 lbs since coming back from New York. I'm happy about that. I've been reading and learning a lot about health and nutrition. Purchased some coconut oil yesterday and will order cod liver oil tomorrow. *2 weeks. This is about the time that I would cave and give into temptations and cravings. I've failed at this point every time. But it feels different this time. I have no cravings and I don't feel deprived therefore I don't feel tempted to eat foods that are bad for me. It really does feel like I can do this this time.*

Goals for next 2 weeks:
    Continue implementing new recipes.*
    Start cooking and experimenting with coconut oil. *
    Order cod liver oil and start daily supplement.*
    Exercise at least 4 days per week.*
    Weigh in Wednesday and Saturday only. *Stop daily weigh-ins. This one will be hard but I'm going to force myself to do it.*
    I *really want to get down to 160. I hope it doesn't take 2 weeks but if it does it does. I just want to keep heading in the right direction.*

Paleobird Guest
    Welcome. It looks like you are making some good progress.

Your journal caught my eye because Xena is my hero. I want to make a warrior princess costume for halloween this year. Two years ago I could never have pulled off a costume like that, bare midriff and all but now I can. PB really works. Stick with it. Perhaps consider trading the beer in for a good red wine?

Thanks for the encouragement. I too would like to dress up as Xena for Halloween. I hope I can pull it off this year. I drink red wine when I can resist the beer. But it's hard in the summertime.

Month 2 Update

1 month into 2 month challenge
    Weight: 162.8
    Weight Lost: 9lbs

I really thought I'd be down to 160lbs by now. *I'm a little disappointed. But, because this time I've committed to a lifestyle change I'm not freaking out. This next month I'm going to toy with adding more fruit. Mostly because I've been constipated but also because I want my body to know that I will be feeding it good carbs and it needs to adjust.*

My goal this next month is to add in daily walks and commit to 2days of lifting and 1 day of sprinting once per week. I hope to be down to 155lbs but that may be too aggressive. I'd like to be down to 158 at the very least.*

Here's to month 2!

2013 Reset:

Well into 2013.
    Current Weight: 160. Finally!

Goals: 140 by July 20th 2013
    Action Plan: meal planning, take lunch to work most days, implement primal fitness principles
    Leaving for vacation to Belize this Friday 2/15. So excited! Plan to continue primal diet while on vacation.
    Will check in at beginning of March.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Xena - your journal also caught my eye - as Xena of course was a New Zealand girl
    good luck
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

March update

Who doesn't love Xena??? ;-)

Down to 157lbs. Slowly but surely trending downward. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I was in Belize for 10 days at the end of Feb and was back up to 166. I feel great about the progress I've made. I was stuck in the low 160's for months and finally broke through that plateau. I expect to hover in the high-mid 150's for several weeks as that's the way my body seems to work. Big drop, hover, big drop, hover... I'm ok with that though. I'm down a full dress size and 14lbs since last May and 25 lbs in last 2 years. Slow and steady is fine by me.