Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How can I make myself drink water? page 6

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Wow. Shouldn't you be concerned about that much magnesium in water?
    Well I was in a heat wave so I was drinking several litres of mineral water a day. I only bought the Slovenian water because the local supermarket had sold out of San Pellegrino! I drank about a litre of it one day and my bowels told me I was overdosing. I'd say it's a healthy cure for constipation.

The extra magnesium seemed to help my energy levels tho - I didn't see the temperature outdoors fall below 28C during the last 6 days of the holiday, and it was 34-38 C throughout most of the day. I was walking at least 10 km each day sightseeing, so felt I should make extra effort to get plenty of electrolytes.

I'm inclined to agree with Jack Kruse, that generally most of us can't get enough magnesium.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Hmmmm do we lose magnesium when we're sweating?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456