Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How can I make myself drink water? page 5

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    I don't understand this either. Drinking water is a basic need. Have we come so far from what is supposed to be that so many people can't even imagine drinking water?? This is ridiculous to me. I have been drinking well over a gallon a day for over 20 years and I don't know anyone who is as healthy as I am. I really don't. I think it has a HUGE impact on one's health. Getting your water from other drinks isn't the same either. Its just not. Why does EVERYTHING have to be flavored or sweetened? Its because we've been force fed that crap all or most of our lives. I ditched all of that a long time ago and I can't begin to tell you how a good a decision that was.
    +1

Knifegill is online now Senior Member

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

341gerbig is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Well yea, the strawberry ones tastes like a monkeys anus.
    Berry pomegranate is where it is at.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    I almost exclusively drink carbonated mineral water now. It tastes sooooooo good.....even when the carbonation is gone Otherwise, tap water (which I double checked to have extremely safe levels of chlorine, fluoride, bacteria, etc etc) and company reverse-osmosis water work when I'm in a pinch. I drink soup 2/3 meals of the day, though...

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I find mineral waters high in magnesium very appealing - specifically Badoit and San Pellegrino.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I find mineral waters high in magnesium very appealing - specifically Badoit and San Pellegrino.
    San Pellegrino is what I really like to get. However, it is definitely one of the more expensive brands, so sometimes I make do with Gerolsteiner or some Blu Italy at Trader Joe's.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Yes San Pellegrino is relatively expensive here in the UK too.

While I was in NE Italy a couple of months back I drank a Slovenian mineral water that was ultra high in magnesium - over 1 g per litre. I am not kidding. I had to cut back as it was causing some serious flatulence! I felt good on it though in spite of that.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    While I was in NE Italy a couple of months back I drank a Slovenian mineral water that was ultra high in magnesium - over 1 g per litre. I am not kidding. I had to cut back as it was causing some serious flatulence! I felt good on it though in spite of that.
    Wow. Shouldn't you be concerned about that much magnesium in water?

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I take 1200 mg of Elemental magnesium daily.

You shouldn't be very very concerned about minerals and vitamins in excess in food sources.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    major pet peeve of mine. Constantly used water bottles are filthy germ carriers, unless you run it through the dishwasher or sterilize it daily. I live in a first world country, in an area where abundant, clean, glacier-fed and rain water (treated along the way) flows out of the faucets. Seriously...bottled water companies across north america come here for their water supply. There is no need to carry water around, except *maybe* to and from a workout, or if you work outdoors away from city water. My friend brings hers into restaurants, as if her tap water is better than theirs. The loud sucking noise that comes out of the drip-proof straw when she drinks is like nails on a chalk board. Its like the sound of sucking food out of your teeth.

Well... I may not wash my water bottle very often at all but since the germs riding around on it CAME from my mouth in the first place I'm really not to worried about it. And yes, the tap water in this country generally won't kill you but that doesn't mean it all tastes good. I work in an OLD building so all the water either tastes like old pipes or new plastic pipes depending on which part of the building the water comes from. And my town is a bit over zealous with the chlorine (probably a good thing since our reservoir is in the middle of a cow pasture and then the water flows through an open ditch to town) for my taste so I have a water filter on my sink at home.

PLUS... I find I do not drink enough water if I rely on getting up and going to get a drink when I'm thirsty. I either DON'T get up or I just forget about it. If my water bottle is there next to me I drink it.

And I just go with the theory that if I really don't WANT water there is no reason to drink it. But I feel pretty good if I can down 2-3 liters of water a day (which is super easy if I just keep my water bottles filled up and !)
    And my bottle doesn't have a straw. I just take the top off to drink!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast